MT-82 question

o.z.man

Established Member
I am looking to buy a manual 2011 GT and wanted to know are the ones being produced know having the same transmission problems and clutch problems? I do not want to spend that kind of money and have to be taken it to the shop every month. Thanks for the help.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yes, probably. It's not all of them, just some of them, so it's a gamble. Mine has the problems, but they aren't anywhere near as severe as most. Mine only acts up below 40 degrees ambient, and only then when the car is cold (first start in the morning). If it's between 40-35 or so, it crunches a bit, below 32, second is locked out. This goes away either after a mile or so of driving, or if I let it warm up for a couple of minutes.

So, while I'm not happy that it has a problem, it doesn't bother me enough that I would tell you to avoid the manual. Plus, mine is easily circumvented.

o.z.man

Established Member
No one else. I see so many problems I can not believe there is no other help?

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
No one else. I see so many problems I can not believe there is no other help?

I have 2k miles on my GT. Im in New York so the cars been in colder weather lately and mine isn't bad at all. At start up the 1-2 shift is a little tough but its always gone into gear, once warmed up its fine.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
I have alittle over 6k on mine, ground the first 2800ish miles once or twice a day. then i switched my tranny fluid and have not had a single issue or grind since. I run it hard and often... even on spray at 600+ ft lbs.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I have alittle over 6k on mine, ground the first 2800ish miles once or twice a day. then i switched my tranny fluid and have not had a single issue or grind since. I run it hard and often... even on spray at 600+ ft lbs.

What fluid are you using?

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Mine only acts up below 40 degrees ambient, and only then when the car is cold (first start in the morning). If it's between 40-35 or so, it crunches a bit, below 32, second is locked out. This goes away either after a mile or so of driving, or if I let it warm up for a couple of minutes.

this is pretty much exactly like mine. i only have 850 miles on it so far... i drove it saturday for the first time since november. it was 39 degrees and the 1-2 and 2-3 shift was chunky and stiff for the first 15 minutes of driving. after that it was great...

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
In cold weather, the first couple of shifts are rough...then it seems to loosen up and be ok. 3K miles on mine so far.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I have about 4,500 on mine. no issues yet, I don't drive mine in the winter. So I can not comment on the cold shifting issue.

ViciousJay

Established Member

im close to being due to change the fluid, what did you use?

as for my issue, due tot he car having to sit outside i get what svtrich gets

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
use a thinner synchromesh or synchromax. worked for me awhile now. ZERO issues. try it and if u dont like it only takes about an hour to change.

Users who are viewing this thread