MT 345/35/18s on 18x11 on a GT500??

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Has anyone tried this set up on a GT500 yet?
If so, is there any issues of tire rubbing?

I was planning on doing this set up on widened stockers.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Has anyone tried this set up on a GT500 yet?
If so, is there any issues of tire rubbing?

I was planning on doing this set up on widened stockers.

Widened stockers? If so, who, where, and how much?

I would love to see these on your car if you follow through. Those tires on 12inch wide rims are 2.5"' wider than the stock rears. Maybe a little less if you're using 11's.

5.0 guy

Established Member
That's pretty wide, looking at my Viper which runs those stock and comparing that width to the GT500, I don't know. It wood definately look bad"A" if you pulled it off without looking "Dukes Of Hazard" with your 500!!!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
That's pretty wide, looking at my Viper which runs those stock and comparing that width to the GT500, I don't know. It wood definately look bad"A" if you pulled it off without looking "Dukes Of Hazard" with your 500!!!

I was also thinking they might stick out too much even if they were set in a little further. Make sure you don't have the slight rear shift. If you do, you'll need an adjustable panard rod to center the rear. Even then I think the the most you could move them in would be 1/2" further than stock. That would mean the outside would be out at least 1.5" further than the stock tires assuming they are only 2" wider than the stock tires.

I've actually been thinking of going with P305/40/18 Nitto NT555R's on 11" rims. I'd prefer this size in MT DR's, but I don't think they make them.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I was also thinking they might stick out too much even if they were set in a little further. Make sure you don't have the slight rear shift. If you do, you'll need an adjustable panard rod to center the rear. Even then I think the the most you could move them in would be 1/2" further than stock. That would mean the outside would be out at least 1.5" further than the stock tires assuming they are only 2" wider than the stock tires.

I've actually been thinking of going with P305/40/18 Nitto NT555R's on 11" rims. I'd prefer this size in MT DR's, but I don't think they make them.
My Wiper has 13" on the rear and they are a little stretched, so 12" might look flush side wall wize. I would however like to find some 10.5 or 11" stock style reAr wheels like my 03 has from AFS wheels, but have not found any wider than the stock size.:burnout:

Fastfords

Established Member
My Wiper has 13" on the rear and they are a little stretched, so 12" might look flush side wall wize. I would however like to find some 10.5 or 11" stock style reAr wheels like my 03 has from AFS wheels, but have not found any wider than the stock size.:burnout:

Have to send them out to be widened. Mine are on the way back now. Had them made to 10.5". Some have been going 11" but I did not want to modify the car in any way. Plan on running 305/35/18 DR's (11.4") tread width compared to stock 9.1".

5.0 guy

Established Member
Have to send them out to be widened. Mine are on the way back now. Had them made to 10.5". Some have been going 11" but I did not want to modify the car in any way. Plan on running 305/35/18 DR's (11.4") tread width compared to stock 9.1".

How do I have them widened?, my 03 has 10.5's with 315's and they fit perfect on the rim, I did have to run wheel spacers with longer studs but they have worked flawlessly for 5 years.:rockon:

Fastfords

Established Member
Send them to Weldcraft. They will make them any size you want by adding to the inside and rewelding. I don't know of any tire manufacturer that makes a 315/35 or 40/18. Cobras run 17" wheels and there are more tire sizes available for them.

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Replies

Widened stockers? If so, who, where, and how much?

I would love to see these on your car if you follow through. Those tires on 12inch wide rims are 2.5"' wider than the stock rears. Maybe a little less if you're using 11's.

1. I've already got the panhard bar set up w/eibach springs and tokico adjustable dampening shocks/struts.

2. Weldcraftwheels.com in Michigan.

3. $225 each rim.

4. Your right MT makes 305/35 and 305/45 in 18"

5.0 guy

Established Member
I'll check them out, I've been waiting for AFS or someone to manufacture some wider remakes for the 18". Does adding to the existing wheel change the structural strength of the factory wheel?

Fastfords

Established Member
I'll check them out, I've been waiting for AFS or someone to manufacture some wider remakes for the 18". Does adding to the existing wheel change the structural strength of the factory wheel?

Something else to bear in mind. You will need to get tpms sensors and mounting hardware and have them reset to your car. It is possible to do this yourself if you have a trainer. If you plan on using the sensors from the stock wheels you will be allright but still need mount brackets and bands. What a hassle.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I've been waiting for AFS or someone to manufacture some wider remakes for the 18".

Yes, and not in chrome only.

Are you saying AFS makes wider stock style wheels for the gt500?, I'll have to look them up. Also I think a couple of you thought I was looking for 315's in 18", I was just adding that's what I run on the stock 17" in a 10.5 on my 03. My 500 definately needs a wider set of rear shoes after the new exhaust!:burnout:

ND1381

Established Member
:shrug:I am running 305/35R20 Nitto 555 street drag and have fully adjustable suspension from Evolution and the tires rub both sides, I tried adjusting every which way and then centered it the best i could( Basically gave up ):shrug:

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
Not that easy

han mine done this spring and to me the problem is what they add is to the inside and the 305-35-18 on a 11" rim doesn't look wide enough my nephew runs the same tire on his stock rim and it looks much better.the right tire would be 325-40 but it aint going to happen then on a street tire it gets even more diff. to get the right tire.IMO.......puy it this way I sold my chrome GT500 rims 2 elevens and 2 eights because I couldn
t get the perfect tire I wanted

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Are you saying AFS makes wider stock style wheels for the gt500?, I'll have to look them up. :

No. Sorry
There is a wide stock looking 17" option but only in chrome. I would like a stock looking 18"-10.5" wheel and I hope it wont be in chrome only.

As far as a street tire the new Nitto 555R 305/40/18s should look pretty nice and should fit a stock rim. They will be a tad taller than stock which is nice since every tire option seems to be a tad shorter than stock and this car needs more height in the rear than less from a looks stand point.

But you wont beat the MTs for traction.:burnout:

jcthorne

Established Member
The Nitto 335/30/18s fit perfect on an 11" widened stock wheel. No rubbing and they do not stick out the side past the fender. Cool look, they stick well and darn near same overall height as the stock tires. Great combo.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
As far as a street tire the new Nitto 555R 305/40/18s should look pretty nice and should fit a stock rim. They will be a tad taller than stock which is nice since every tire option seems to be a tad shorter than stock and this car needs more height in the rear than less from a looks stand point.

But you wont beat the MTs for traction.:burnout:

I believe Nitto specifies 10" minimum diameter rims for these.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I believe Nitto specifies 10" minimum diameter rims for these.

I know many have had 305/35/18 555r's on stock rims w no issue. I had the huge 305/45/18s on a stock wheel w no issue so Im going to put a set on for the street and find out when I wear out my F1s.

I dont think its going to be a problem.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I know many have had 305/35/18 555r's on stock rims w no issue. I had the huge 305/45/18s on a stock wheel w no issue so Im going to put a set on for the street and find out when I wear out my F1s.

I dont think its going to be a problem.

I think the 40's will look really nice. Please post a pic when you get them on.

Users who are viewing this thread