MT 305/35/20 ET St radial II on SVTPP rims

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
Anybody have this setup? How do they fit and look?

My car has the stock goodyears right now and last night lost traction from a 3rd gear roll starting a 2K (lost traction at about 3700 rpm). I have decided these tires are just plain dangerous. Time for something stickier.

Kenneth

Established Member
Seems to be the tire of choice.

I've been running them on my car for a little over a year now, huge improvement over the stock Goodyears.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
Thanks Kenneth. Are they decently quiet? How do they do in the rain? I notice they are not ZR rated, how fast have you gone on them (any Texas mile type runs?)

We are at similar HP levels so your report is encouraging.

Kenneth

Established Member
There are semi quiet, my exhaust is louder.

I driven in some hard rain before, just have to be careful (keep it under 65) and never felt in danger of losing control.
fastest I've taken the car was 156 on a handheld GPS playing around, but take it to 140 or so fairly often.

Kenneth

Established Member
55897412.jpg

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Be aware that the MT 305 is nearly an inch wider than the Nitto 305. It'll still fit the PP wheel no problem, but it is wider than the pic above.

BLK93GT

Established Member
I'm having a tough time deciding what to do with my svtpp car. I like the stock tires in warm weather after heated up for cornering but tonight in cool weather in my bone stock car it was breaking loose in 3rd out of a corner. F-that.

Those that have 555R does it hurt the handling real bad?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
How does the nitto compare to the mt?

The MT is softer and hooks better, but the Nitto will last longer.

I'm having a tough time deciding what to do with my svtpp car. I like the stock tires in warm weather after heated up for cornering but tonight in cool weather in
Those that have 555R does it hurt the handling real bad?

I've not noticed any noticeable difference in handling between the two when the pressures are normal. If you drop the 555R down for drag racing, you will notice a difference, but that would be the same for any tire, drag radial or not. At 32psi, they both feel the same in the 20" size.

Users who are viewing this thread