MSD Coil on plug kit...thoughts?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd like to know the increase in output which is conspicuously absent.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I've never EVER seen an increase in performance in ANY aftermarket coil-on-plug setup. I've heard retailers "claim" that they work great, but on 3 different vehicles of my own, countless shop cars on the dyno, none seem to be effective.

camdenlake

Established Member
Better??

Tried a bunch on my F150 project. They are all made in China i come to find out. The only one i found was made decent and quite different is the Weapon-X. I have had them on my V10 project for about 2yrs now. The only issue is the original seals were not so good. But he sent me revised seals and been fine. I think he was going to make them for the 4v heads last time i talked to him. Plan to do them when I get into some mods.

I just liked them for the different design. Seems to be a much better idea.

Josh

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've never EVER seen an increase in performance in ANY aftermarket coil-on-plug setup. I've heard retailers "claim" that they work great, but on 3 different vehicles of my own, countless shop cars on the dyno, none seem to be effective.

I agree 100%.

Tob

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
My last turbo car had major spark blow out at 25psi .... I lowered the gap to .024 changed coils and still blow out... Installed a ignition booster and resolved my issue... Out of multiple cars and ignition boosters this was the only time I saw a diffrence.....

I still believe there mostly all crap but that one experience I had kinda made me a believer... Oh yea it was made in china too lol....

Users who are viewing this thread