MSD 2 Step Issue/Question

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
So, I purchased a used MSD setup from one of our members last week and just got around to installing it a couple days ago. I have it all wired in correctly and set at 2500rpm. With the clutch fully pressed, the led illuminates and with partial throttle at 2500 I can hear the limiter engage. The problem is that if I give it more throttle, the motor will rev past 2500rpm with the miss created by the 2 step. Any thoughts as to why? Bad module perhaps? I'm at a loss at the moment. Thanks in advance all!

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
Bump! Anybody have any ideas on this one. I have rechecked all of my wiring, and all looks good. It activates and begins cutting out at the preset rpm, but when I start to build boost, the motor still revs past cutout. I'm confused!

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
It will continue to rev up beyond 3 at least. I haven't pushed it harder because I don't want to tear anything up revving while cutting out like that.

speedy3remy

Established Member
dont go half pedal! floor it! You can 2 step at 6k it doesn't do any damage to the engine.. But maybe your doing it wrong,if all the wired are set the right way!?.. Maybe this could help!?? Note: The engine rpm must drop more than one third of the set launch limit in order to activate. For example, if the launch limit is set at 3,000 rpm, the engine speed must drop below 2,000 rpm in order for the launch limit to become active (one third of 3,000 rpm is a 1,000 rpm drop).:D:D;) http://documents.msdperformance.com/8734.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread