Msd 2 step automatic wiring

DSargent09

Established Member
I'm stuck and been messing with this for hours. How are you supposed to wire it??

I've got all the coils hooked up and pluged in, got the black wire going to the ground.

Start car and 2 step works but won't turn off.... I'm confused...,

Anyone with an auto how and where are your wires hooked up

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Blue \White wire from MSD . Violet/white wire at brake switch. I installed a on/off switch between MSD. and brake light switch. Maybe Juiced3D will see this and put up his wiring diagram..

Last edited:

dennisn

Established Member
What are you using for input to activate the 2 step? Brake wire?? If so did you put a switch on it, If you did not it will always be on. Just trying to eliminate the obvious.

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
I have a switch for on and off. When switch is off, for normal driving , 2 step isnt active. I turn switch on, after the burnout. Then I hold brake pedal and floor car,2 step is active , when I release brake pedal, car goes full RPM.

DSargent09

Established Member
I had no other wire hooked up, only the ground and it was stuck on........ It made no sense... I tried everything. Wire to brake wire with switch with both wires on 2 step.... obviously one at a time.....

Pretty sure its broke.. Thanks for the input but Im going to swap it out...

dennisn

Established Member
Assuming you don't have anything connected to your inputs have to agree. Possible bad unit. Have heard of others with issues.

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I have a switch for on and off. When switch is off, for normal driving , 2 step isnt active. I turn switch on, after the burnout. Then I hold brake pedal and floor car,2 step is active , when I release brake pedal, car goes full RPM.
exactly how mine is hooked up....works like a champ.

willytucker

Established Member
Try not using the white/purple wire...cut it off and isolate it. Black to ground and blue to brake light switch...I just hooked mine up and it works perfect.

kingcobra323

Established Member
I'm having issues. With wiring it up too. I ran the white/blue stripe to the brake switch wire violet/white stripe and no cigar. I also tried the solid blue to violet/white on brake. Please anyone call if u can 3233822274

coyote302

Established Member
I have my msd connect with my transbrake with a switch....12 v from battery to my switch and when pressing my switch i am sending 12 v to the msd and transbrake at the same time...

kingcobra323

Established Member
Damn do u think just the 2 step isn't enough. On my hoosiers with 3c best 60ft has been 1.63. Do u have the 2 relay trans brake

coyote302

Established Member
yes 2 relay transbreake...2 step only will help for sure but it is pushing the car on the line....the secret is transbrake and 2 step at the same time....i have a new pb today with this set up...a 11.19 and a 1.53 60 ft lol....

coyote302

Established Member
you have to send 12 v to the white /blue wire to make it work....but make sure you adjust your rpm on the msd box the right way....first time have set it to 1500 rpm but i was wrong lol it was at 5100 rpm and was thinking that it was not working

Users who are viewing this thread