MSC Guidelines

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Just to clear up a few things and take questions

1. To participate in the competition you must be an SVT of the Midwest or Texas.

2. All Mustangs are allowed to come and race (Test n Tune) on both days, but are NOT part of the competition.

3. Any car/truck/anything is allowed to partake in the burnout contest. Contest will be judged by crowd, and there will be an award.

4. First day of competition will be qualifying, and second day will be heads-up racing.

5. Classes are:

03-04 Cobra
96-01 Cobra
93-95 Cobra
All Lightnings

SVT Focus and Contour were eliminated due to lack of interest

6. Spectators will be $5 for one day and $8 for two. Spectator entitles you to spectate and enter burnout contest if you wish at no extra charge.

7. If you can only make Saturday, to gain entrance in to the final rounds, you will be allowed one qualifying run to get your position.

8. If wanted, we can arrange a small carshow in the hotel parking lot, but it will be informal. (No awards)

9. If you are interested in having your car dyno'd, please let us know when you PM or Email Hank or I. $60 for two pulls and $75 for three. A/F costs $20 more.

If there are any questions not answered, please let us know in this thread. Please questions only in this thread, nothing else.

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
Just to clear up something.....as someone has already taken it the wrong way.

$50 gets you TWO days of drag racing in the competition. You can win prizes, and have priority over Test n Tuners to get in runs. You will be assured a certain amount of runs.

$30 gets you TWO days of drag racing just like Test n Tune. It will be just like any other T&T you've been to. And, the competition cars will have priority over you.

The spectator fee gets you entrance to watch the event, and gives you entrance into the Burnout contest if you wish.

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer: hj16, i signed up on org. thread. I have one question regarding the dyno time . Do i pay for that at the track or add it to the $50.00 track time?

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by hoofbeat
:beer: hj16, i signed up on org. thread. I have one question regarding the dyno time . Do i pay for that at the track or add it to the $50.00 track time?
You pay at the track for the dyno. I do need you to signup in the MSC Signup Thread, there is info that I need from everyone displayed in that thread. I will add you to it, but need your info.

Cliff - the dyno will be in the parking lot. It is a modile dynojet. We need to see how many people will do it because they need 3500 to be there for the weekend (approx. 75 cars)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
HJ16-

could have at least 6-8 cars from michigan whats up ????

you afriad of the Motor City???

a little disappointed

JEFF

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by FS MACH 1
HJ16-

could have at least 6-8 cars from michigan whats up ????

you afriad of the Motor City???

a little disappointed

JEFF
9. Michigan, Ohio and other states that wish to gain entry to the event in future years must show enough interest at the event to be considered for next years competition.
You'll get your chance to show what you've got. Get enough to show up this year, and next year you'll be added.

Whats there to be afraid of:shrug:

1QWIK4.6

Established Member

9. Michigan, Ohio and other states that wish to gain entry to the event in future years must show enough interest at the event to be considered for next years competition. [/B]

If we want to pay to play you should let us.I don't see why it's just for St.Louis and Chi-town SVT's.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Hank and I in the beginning made it only STL and CHI because I am from STL and he is from CHI. It worked easily. We didnt know it would spark so much interest from other cities. Each of our cities has about 15-20+ cars representing. 6-8 cars wont be enough to compete. Just come out and have a good time drag racing with a bunch of SVT's and Mustangs. If we see a lot of interest and representation from other cities at this event, then you will be added in the competition next year. This IS an annual event, so not racing in this competition shouldn't be a big issue.

Last edited:

1QWIK4.6

Established Member
Well I'm in for test and tune.I know it will be a good time.Do I have to sign up for test and tune or just pay when I get there?

97BLK#1163

Established Member
what about the indianapolis folks. I mean, the track is closer to us than either of you guys. Are we included in the competition?? We are closest to chicago. We could go with them.:shrug:

'93#3989

Established Member
Will there be a cruise involved? If I may make a suggestion, you may want to do a drive by of the Miami Subs drive-in.

See the Saturday listing here for address-

http://www.msutv.com/cruise.htm

There is also a Blue Top drive in but it has become a mostly import hangout. Miami Subs has American iron in attendance. It also provides a decent place to eat.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by '93#3989
Will there be a cruise involved? If I may make a suggestion, you may want to do a drive by of the Miami Subs drive-in.
Or we could just take over Miami Subs:D All of us cruise up there after we leave the track, and just flood the place with Mustangs:-D

Users who are viewing this thread