MS3PRO ecu system

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im not sure where the thread is but there is a thread on this where a few guys have it are discussing items as they work through it, definitely worth a read. The actual installs/tuning/issues are on the last few pages depending you posts/page setting

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm running a ms3pro ultimate in my 96 in parallel with the factory ECU. The PNP systems were not announced when I decided to go this route. I'm doing a few things that a PNP for a 96 wouldn't have done anyway so I'm not upset I went full standalone.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I'm running a ms3pro ultimate in my 96 in parallel with the factory ECU. The PNP systems were not announced when I decided to go this route. I'm doing a few things that a PNP for a 96 wouldn't have done anyway so I'm not upset I went full standalone.
Can you list the things that the version you have piggybacked with the stock ecu is capable of doing that the PnP can’t do?

Thanks

96dreamer

Established Member
Since I'm running it on a 96 there's a few things that would not have been an option on my pnp system. I'm running ls2 coils which would not be supported by the pnp anyway. I believe the ms3 pro ultimate also has quite a few more inputs and outputs available vs the pnp. The ms3 pro can run low impedance injectors too which I do not believe the pnp can. I hadn't put that much research into comparing the two since I already had the ms3 pro up and runnning when the first officially announced the pnp systems.

GodStang

Established Member
For those of you that are using this system how difficult are they to tune?

Just depends on your skill level. It has an autotune function that goes off your widebands but it does not tune every table.

Since I'm running it on a 96 there's a few things that would not have been an option on my pnp system. I'm running ls2 coils which would not be supported by the pnp anyway. I believe the ms3 pro ultimate also has quite a few more inputs and outputs available vs the pnp. The ms3 pro can run low impedance injectors too which I do not believe the pnp can. I hadn't put that much research into comparing the two since I already had the ms3 pro up and runnning when the first officially announced the pnp systems.

The Pnp can run low impedance injectors. Pnp can run LS2 coils. You are correct on number of inputs and outputs. I would guess at some point they will add more inputs/outputs to the Pnp.

96dreamer

Established Member
The Pnp can run low impedance injectors. Pnp can run LS2 coils. You are correct on number of inputs and outputs. I would guess at some point they will add more inputs/outputs to the Pnp.

Truthfully I never put much effort into researching the pnp systems since I already had started the pro install when the 03-04 pnps were announced and I still haven't heard anything concrete about the 96-98 cars. The low impedance capability is impressive and I was unaware they had the option for an auxiliary harness to support all of the options I am currently implementing. I think most of the wiring and install I had to do to my car would have remained with the pnp however since the 96 cars were waste spark and required additional wiring. If I were to build a 99+ car in the future the pnp would for sure be the direction I would go.

Users who are viewing this thread