MS3 Pro users enter here!

bullitt_11

Established Member
Think of switching to an MS3 pro and looking for someone with a little more knowledge of stand alones than me. Can anyone talk me into or out of doing this?

My general concerns are level of installation and what all I would need to make this work other than the unit and harness.

Any tips and pointers welcome!

KEVINS

Established Member
I did the Pro on my 2002 GT. I know NOTHING about wiring or electronics so I download the manual and spent 3 months reviewing every single detail and every single wire. I even downloaded wiring diagrams for my car and made my own sketches for where every wire went and if I had any questions I would ask Matt C. before I started. This paid off as it all went perfectly smoothly with no issues.

I mounted the controller in the pass front fender and just spliced wires to the wires coming out of the connector near the firewall and I removed any pins that were left in the connector that weren't used anymore.

I bought the Pro b/c my tuner knows it very well and told me to get it and I was able to get the car started but as far as tuning I was really lost. It started and got an idle tune and a "driving" tune on my own but that was as far as I could get with it. From there on it was up to my tuner to work his magic. The overall plan is to make the car a flex fuel car and the sensor is already installed and the first tune is on E85 so we still need a second tune for 91/meth inj.

I had to convert my coils to using coil drivers and I had to switch to a return fuel system but these were the only things that sidetracked the install.

If I was going to tune it myself I would have done the Holley system b/c I know NOTHING about tuning and that system seems to be a bit more user friendly where the MS Pro is for those with tuning experience.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread