MRT Cat'd H and Borla Stingers... Uggg

Vox

Master of Oversteer
Established Member
I just bought this car with this combo on it and its WAY too loud for me. Maybe if I was trying to piss off every single neighbor and make every cop look at me it would be ok.

The Rasp Between 2-3K is Horrid... Some of you guys think this sounds good? :shrug:

So what is it the Catback or the H thats making it so loud, or both? I want the car QUIET! Not stock quiet but I don't want people turning to look and I want to get rid of that RASP!!!!!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You won't be disappointed with the MRT and the Magnaflows.

Or you can go to a catted ProChamber. Then it will have a "chambered" and deeper sound than the H.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I had the stingers with the prochamber and it was way loud and had a glasspack sound at initial wot. I then changed to the mrt catted h and it got a little quieter but the glasspack sound got worse. Changed the catback with the flowmaster unit and it sounds great. No glasspack sound. The only thing is u lose the 4 inch rolled tips but I've had some welded on mine. Couldn't be happier. Stingers sound best with the stock H imo.

Good luck
-Scott

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
anyone know where i can get the catted prochamber? i cant seem to find it

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
It won't be raspy at all. I know guys running O/R X pipes with the Maggies and have zero rasp. The Magnaflow CB sounds good with almost all midpipes that are avail.

cdh027

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
It won't be raspy at all. I know guys running O/R X pipes with the Maggies and have zero rasp. The Magnaflow CB sounds good with almost all midpipes that are avail.

It WILL be raspy as all hell with an off road H. Trust me on that one. I just put a catted H on mine and it's sweet like candy.

2003 Silver

Banned
Ummmh...should have went with the normal Borla 14858 (non-stinger version) and kept the MRT catted h. See my vid on the "Exhaust Sticky" posted today. I had a Magnaflow and the Stinger also....and both droned considerably compared to the normal Borla.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but the MRT catted H and Stinger combo I've heard sounded very, very deep and loud and had no raspiness.... It was the exact sound I was looking for...

I guess it's different for everyone?? :shrug:

2003 Silver

Banned
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Maybe it's just me, but the MRT catted H and Stinger combo I've heard sounded very, very deep and loud and had no raspiness.... It was the exact sound I was looking for...

I definitely agree...personal preference!

Vox

Master of Oversteer
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:

I bought the car used and this is what it came with. I was told its an MRT H and Borla Stinger Exhaust. It has the 4 inch tops and the exhaust says Borla on it. The "Mufflers" look more like gatorade bottles. They are small and more like resonators.

It Drones, from 2-3K its RASPY. I have let 2 other 03 Cobra guys drive the car and both of them went... "Holy crap Its loud, It Drones and that rasp sucks!"

One guy has a Magnaflow with stock H and the other Mac with Stock H. I drove both of there cars yesterday and they sound stock compared to this setup.

It sounds like a harley bike at 2500rpm with a load on it. I am not kidding when I say you can hear the car a mile away under normal acceleration driving.

Too Loud for me, I'm not not 18 anymore. I want to listen to the radio with the windows down. :pepper:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread