MPT tunes

nate714

Established Member
People on MustangEvolution swear by MPT, but they also swear by 3M tape on side scoops lol. I don't know how their pricing compares to AED/Lund/VMP. If MPT is cheaper or you have good experiences with him then go for it.

jk57

Established Member
People on MustangEvolution swear by MPT, but they also swear by 3M tape on side scoops lol. I don't know how their pricing compares to AED/Lund/VMP. If MPT is cheaper or you have good experiences with him then go for it.

Yea I know they do good job tuning the 3.7 I really liked the tune on mine but you don't hear a lot about them tuning the the 5.0 except the trucks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I had a MPT tune back when my car was NA. Like you I had a good experience with the 3.7 MPT tune so I decided to try it with the 5.0. I also had a bama tune (free tunes for life) and when I compared the 2 I couldn't really tell a noticeable difference. Depending on what your mods are there won't be much difference between the different tuners. Once you start getting serious with mods like headers, cams, forced induction, etc. I would go with a top tier tuner like Lund, AED, or VMP.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Theres a guy on youtube and facebook that swears by them. He had the fastest n/a 3.7 which ran a 13 flat in the 1/4. His youtube name is 3sevenjacobs. He compared the lund tunes to the mpt tunes on his 5.0 and the mpt was surprisingly faster in the 1/4. I love the tune on my 3.7, but for the 5.0 I would use lund.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I had a MPT tune back when my car was NA. Like you I had a good experience with the 3.7 MPT tune so I decided to try it with the 5.0. I also had a bama tune (free tunes for life) and when I compared the 2 I couldn't really tell a noticeable difference. Depending on what your mods are there won't be much difference between the different tuners. Once you start getting serious with mods like headers, cams, forced induction, etc. I would go with a top tier tuner like Lund, AED, or VMP.
This exactly. Lower end tunes (and by lower end I mean very basic with little non extensive mods) are not going to be all to different from one vendor to another. Once you go big, you'll need to pony up (no pun intended) I looked into moving from Bama to one of the big boys and for the costs, it simply wasn't worth it to me. I will say that the vendors on here who support those tuners are very easy to deal with and friendly, and upfront with the information you request... In the future I probably will use one of them (lund or AEM) but not until I have some supporting mods that will make it worth it

jk57

Established Member
This exactly. Lower end tunes (and by lower end I mean very basic with little non extensive mods) are not going to be all to different from one vendor to another. Once you go big, you'll need to pony up (no pun intended) I looked into moving from Bama to one of the big boys and for the costs, it simply wasn't worth it to me. I will say that the vendors on here who support those tuners are very easy to deal with and friendly, and upfront with the information you request... In the future I probably will use one of them (lund or AEM) but not until I have some supporting mods that will make it worth it
I'm not planning on doing any major mods to my car as I don't track it nor drag it and happy with it but seeing that I already have the sct wanted to try the Mpt tune on it so far very happy with it called them about a couple questions I had very good guys to deal with unlike another tuner company I used in the past very pleased with the tune and Mpt itself

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I'm not planning on doing any major mods to my car as I don't track it nor drag it and happy with it but seeing that I already have the sct wanted to try the Mpt tune on it so far very happy with it called them about a couple questions I had very good guys to deal with unlike another tuner company I used in the past very pleased with the tune and Mpt itself
That's the kinda replies I like to read. Instead of someone bashing the hell out of a tuner simply based on opinion or something they read one time, a real user opinion. Your post is exactly what forums like these were designed to do.

Users who are viewing this thread