MPR Racing Engines sleeved Coyote + Powerglide Install

Doug1227

Established Member
Here's a video I made documenting the installation of my new MPR sleeved motor and powerglide in TURBRO as we finish up a 1400+rwhp build. Subscribe to my channel to follow along with the track updates on our quest for 7's!

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you considered donating to the site given the amount of threads, self promoting and solicitations for feed subscriptions you’ve used this forum for lately?

Fast car no doubt, show some love for the free opportunity to showcase it.

SirShaun

Established Member
Anything unorthodox in mating the power glide to the coyote? Or is it fairly off the shelf?

Why powerglide?

What kind of compression on the motor and what fuel you planning on running?

You going to street it?

What kind of PCM are you going with?

If you don't mind sharing how much did the motor end up costing?

Sounds like an awesome project. I'm itching to do something similar with a first gen coupe or fastback. True Street 5.50s/8.50s or better powered by a Coyote w/6R80. Interested to see where this goes. Good luck and keep it coming.

Doug1227

Established Member
Anything unorthodox in mating the power glide to the coyote? Or is it fairly off the shelf? Mine has an aftermarket SFI case by Reid, which is a 2 part design, so you just buy the JW Mod Motor bellhousing and it bolts right up.

Why powerglide? The fastest turbo coyotes are running glides.

What kind of compression on the motor and what fuel you planning on running? 11.4:1 E85 Pump. Might try E98 later.

You going to street it? For sure. I cruise it to work, attend True Street style races, etc.

What kind of PCM are you going with? Stock for now. Seems to be doing fine.

If you don't mind sharing how much did the motor end up costing? Not including a stock donor, I've got about $15k or so in it.

Sounds like an awesome project. I'm itching to do something similar with a first gen coupe or fastback. True Street 5.50s/8.50s or better powered by a Coyote w/6R80. Interested to see where this goes. Good luck and keep it coming.

Doug1227

Established Member
Have you considered donating to the site given the amount of threads, self promoting and solicitations for feed subscriptions you’ve used this forum for lately?

Fast car no doubt, show some love for the free opportunity to showcase it.
Are you a moderator or part of the site administration? If so, feel free to PM me the details on how to do so. If not, thanks for the suggestion.... I don't benefit monetarily from anything I've posted, so it hadn't crossed my mind. There seems to be quite a bit of corporate sponsorship on here, and I'm not a business, nor am I selling a product. What's the value of a "like?"

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Cool build
Looks like the haters are present already. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you a moderator or part of the site administration? If so, feel free to PM me the details on how to do so. If not, thanks for the suggestion.... I don't benefit monetarily from anything I've posted, so it hadn't crossed my mind. There seems to be quite a bit of corporate sponsorship on here, and I'm not a business, nor am I selling a product. What's the value of a "like?"

No, it’s the fact that you make a different thread for every video and then proceed bump it when you receive no feedback. Stick all the shit in one thread. I don’t think anyone has anything negative to say about the car but you’ve got your own thread in SD due to it.

Was it last week when you had 8 separate threads bumped to the front page? You may not be selling a product but we can all see you’re intentionally bumping them to try and generate views so you can make an easy buck off YouTube...don’t act like a naive prick because you’re getting called out on it.

Have a problem with my viewpoint, come on over to SD and hash it out with th rest of us.

Doug1227

Established Member
I wasn't aware there was a post in the SD. I don't typically hang out talking shit with strangers. Most folks in there just enjoy bitching and I can do without the negativity. I didn't realize my bumping threads was so irritating to some. I don't frequent the site that often, so I usually make a pass through responding to questions all at one time so they all pop to the top all at once. I have bumped others, but will refrain from now on. I don't make jack off of youtube, so don't worry yourself about that. I mostly enjoy sharing videos and getting people's reactions and feedback. So basically, if all i do is reply to people's posts, you don't really have much to bitch about right? Got it. Enjoy your day.

Users who are viewing this thread