Mp/spray Ftw!

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I got to run my truck for the first time last week. It was at the DelValLO rental held wednesday at Atco Raceway in NJ. The day was pleasant with temps in the mid 60s early(into the 70s later on).

I live about 150 miles from the track. Set out at 5AM with the truck loaded up with gear. Got to the track about 8:00 and started to cool it down. Changed over to slicks and skinnys, drained the fuel and added C16, adjusted the shock settings, and iced the intercooler resevoir. I also opened the bottle and heated it up to temp.

First run I launched HARD. Saw 1.41 on the scoreboard, so I stayed in it thru the traps. I always worry about getting booted as I have no rollbar. I was rewarded with a personal best of 10.24 @ 129. It was what I was expecting out of my setup that day.
I ran one more time with a bit more air in the slicks, but temps had climbed. Ran 10.28 @ 129+. I put it back to the street setup for the long drive home.

This little blower has a bit more to show later in the year. I will prep for a 9 sec pass in the good fall air. The MP/Nitrous combo is an inexpensive alternative to the big blowers for going fast.
Jim

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Damn Jim, soooo close to 9's. Remind us about your suspension mods?

Oh yeah, is this still a work truck?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
For those that asked, It is a JDM built motor. Stage 2 cams and heads. NX wet kit jetted for 150 HP but set up with a delay, low start power, ramped up and down. Hard to say how much average power added. Will be getting mora agressive with the programming next time out for a number.

The suspension is JDM drag springs up front, JLP 'Glass leafs out back. QA1 single adjustables all around. LFP longbars as well. Bogart 15" with Hoosier radial slicks.

The truck is not a daily driver, but I drive to the track when I run it. They don't "let" me run these times here, but can't kick me out until I have already set the #.
Jim

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
How much boost are you running with the juice?

Spinning the MP at over 4X crank speed I make about 19#s of boost now that I am catless. Next time out I think I will drop the boost a bit, and bring the nitrous in sooner and harder. I think the blower is consuming too much HP by the high outlet temps. I melt over 4 lbs of ice from my JLP tank each run.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread