Moving to AZ from OH

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
So I got a decent paying job here in Ohio about a year and a half ago. In the first six months I made about 28k, at the first of the year the owner took away profit sharing and double time on Sundays then dropped everyone down to 40hrs/wk. I will Finnish 2013 making a out 33k co.considerably less than what I could have made in previous years. Everyone in the whole company is taking a huge hit and the owner just bought himself a new amg Mercedes.good for him.

So a friend of mine who is a very successful business man flew me out to Arizona a few weeks back and propositioned me to come out in January and bartend and help mannage a bar/club that he and another investor are going to open. I have already talked to another bar owner that is willing to hire me for another bartending gig.

now the kicker,my friend owns a house and says I can stay there for free for as long as I want. my friend stays with his girlfriend 95 percent of the time and his little sister lives at his house by herself, she is like a little sister to me and wants me to move in because she doesn't like living by herself.

I am 95 percent debt free,so anything I make will be able to go straight into savings. Also I believe that living in Arizonawill possess more opportunities in the long run compared to the diminishing economy in Ohio. No I wouldn't rely on bartending is a long term career but I think it will be a good source of income to get my feet on the ground, eventually I would take my firefighters exam and explore other options for a future career.

I lived in Arizona if you years back and really enjoyed the state in the Scottsdale Phoenix area, the only reason I moved back to Ohio was my father's health and my family really wanted me to be around just in case anything happened, I realize now that I can't bass my life around someone else's healthand I hate to say it but it's the truth.

so tell me do you think this is a fair opportunity to explore?I know my mind is already made up but I'd like to hear your opinion. Cold ass rust belt ohio or hot sunny deserts of Arizona?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Moving in with someone is never good idea but if you plan to rent your own place after settling down then why not

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Agreed, but I have always had a roommate. Intact my friends sister who I'll basically living with for the time being was my roommate at one point for over two years. We live together just fine, but yes this would by no means be a long term living arrangement.

Coiled03

Established Member
Sorry - was there a down side to this potential move? I didn't see one.

Oceanside78

Established Member
If this helps, it was 78* here today, about 66* now and the economy here is booming. I just got outta the military and came from Nc, loved it there but the weather is so damn nice here. The heat really isn't that bad and there's ALWAYS something going on in the weekends. I'd say move in, get 100% debt free, save a few grand and move out. Give yourself a timeline (I want to be out in X amount of months to keep yourself motivated)

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread