Moving a few states away

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Just want to get svtp's opinion on moving about 8 hours away. Job opportunities for my wife and I would be much better as we are considering moving from Ohio to Charlotte. The only thing holding us back is my job but there are lots down there, it's just the way we are treated at my company are second to none and our house and garage. I have a 32x60 garage and that would be hard to give up until we saved enough to build a 40x 60 garage on the property that we would buy down there. Let's hear what svtp would do and especially if you have taken this leap of faith, how it worked out for you.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If the job opportunities are better and you can swing it now, I'd make the short term sacrifices. Long term success trumps short term gain every time.

Would it suck to lose your garage? Yes, but in Charlotte it won't be the end of the world. So long as you keep your vehicles clean, not having them in a big garage won't be an issue. If both you and the wife end up bettering your financial position, you can get a bigger garage. It's win win.

Users who are viewing this thread