Moved oil filter relocation kit and now no oil pressure...

Jonny00GT

Established Member
How do I test if my oil pump went out or the relief valve went?

99 cobra motor w/ forged internals, but original oil pump.

Car doesn't sound like it has no oil pressure, like when you first start if after an oil change, but there is no oil getting to the turbo where the mechanical oil pressure feed is.

I do have a sandwich style engine oil cooler. Would it loop the oil if the little valve in it stopped working??

When I blow air through the turbo end of the oil feed line, it comes out the valve cover breathers...is that normal?

There is oil in the filter when I pull it and dump it.

Got me boggled.

I have an 03-04 Cobra oil pump, brand new, sitting on my shelf, but pulling all the turbo stuff to get the front cover off does not sound like a lot of fun right now.

Thanks, guys!

-Jonny

gmsux

Established Member
Make sure you installed the oil feed and return lines to the remote filter correctly. If you have them reversed, you will have this problem, and don't be running the engine until you sort this out.

Jonny00GT

Established Member
Make sure you installed the oil feed and return lines to the remote filter correctly. If you have them reversed, you will have this problem, and don't be running the engine until you sort this out.

Yeah, I was hoping that was it, but I broke out the diagram for the Moroso adapter plate. Clean oil in port is closes to the coolant port and that line has the turbo feed line on it...making sure turbo is fed with clean oil. Oil pump port out is the bottom one and goes to the center of the relocation adapter and down the center of the oil filter. Double check me...that's right, yeah?

Jonny00GT

Established Member
Aaaaaaaand Jonny learns about the correct flow through an oil filter the hard way. Yep, you were right, gmsux...got the oil out of the motor going to the wrong port. Thanks! I'll flip em and pray!

Users who are viewing this thread