move 'em out!

satx

Banned
anyone ever use wheel spacers to push the back wheels out so that they are a little more in line with the fender edge 'ala the front wheels? What would be the down side to this? Would I have to use different studs or lugs?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
down side
1. closer to fender edge so may have tire damage from fender lip
2. more pressure on studs (longer ones a good idea and see if there is a stronger grade of stud i.e. grade 8)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Another downside - increased number and size of rock chips further back on the rear skirts, plus chance of rocks being flung straight up the side of the car and dinging/chipping paint

Dr Evil

Established Member
ttt for an old thread. I have always been annoyed with how far in the rear wheels sit. The fronts are perfect but the rears need to go out at least 1/2" and maybe a full inch. Anyone running spacers with the stock rear wheels?

I did a quick search and this thread was the closest to what I was looking for but no answer. Most of the mustang parts places sell 5 lug spacers but none for 4 lugs. I am looking for feed back from folks that have done this and/or for a place that sells 4 lug spacers. Thanks in advance.

buddha93

Established Member
Did it and still doing it. For about $150, you can have them machined to any width you need.

Users who are viewing this thread