Motortrend Test: 2012 Jeep SRT-8

mr2cam

Established Member
Jesus that 60-0 time is INSANE for the weight of that thing, my god..

SVT_4_me

Established Member
things quick! I bet the gas mileage is hilarious. that's my only beef with the SRT's. I don't think that they have the half cylinder shut off like the RT's have?

this new one does, actually...

and i LOVE this new SRT8. i really like the WK2 body style...

Last edited:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I like it, but hate the wheels and the lights on the front clip. It's a jeep not an audi :shrug:

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
whats hilarious is the price, 55k base you can get a used bmw x5 M for that and it's nicer/faster.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive. I like it. But if I have to choose, I would take an 08-10 model. I just really like the styling better on the older models.

Fuerza

Established Member
whats hilarious is the price, 55k base you can get a used bmw x5 M for that and it's nicer/faster.

Faster and nicer yes, cheaper no. New and X5M is almost double te cost $100k. Used 2010 X5M's are still commanding $75-69k you might find a ragged out high mileage one for $60-55k but good luck owned a vehicle of that caliber without a warranty. When the 2010 X5M's come off warranty their value will drop sharply.

Invoice plus destination on a base new Jeep SRT8 is $52.7k

Svt4ever22

Established Member
I'd rather buy a Kia Sorento and have plenty of mod money and still have some left over for a 20 piece at KFC.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Looked up specs on options, DAMN 19 speakers

SURROUND SOUND
Harman Kardon 7.3 Surround Sound System New to Jeep

•19 High Performance, High Efficiency GreenEdge Loudspeakers in a 7.3 speaker playback architecture (includes 9 Tweeters, 5 Mid-Range Speakers, 2 Mid-Woofers & 3 Subwoofer).
•High Voltage Class D Amplifer with Tracking Power Supply and 11 Channels of Amplification with Logic 7 Multichannel Surround-Sound Technology.

Users who are viewing this thread