MotorTrend Car of the Year Goes to......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
What an overweight piece of jap crap theyre all ringers push a button and the warranty is void a zr1 will kill it ill pulley my terminator and smoke em all day long we should round them all up along with obama and the country's population of brown recluse spiders and throw them off a cliff it would look better with some chrome saleens and last but not least looks like a pointiac solstice to me.

I think I got them all. Now we dont need anymore ignorant posts in here :dancenana:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
when motor trend hears the 7:29 time was done by a ringer car they will take it back....

and btw they didnt even USE the zr1 or zo6 for car of the year competition. ;)
it was competing against cars like TL, A5, 135 LOL.. OKAY LMAO

Last edited:

25psi

Established Member
http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/11/22/noteworthy-gt-r-drag-times-our-top-three?blog=4

We’re seeing quite a few guys stateside with their Nissan GT-R’s out at local drag strips these days and some interesting things are happening. The first is, transmissions aren’t breaking in huge numbers like some predicted. Go figure…

Secondly drag times are coming down, whether it’s the cold weather or people are just starting to “get” how to drive the GT-R or a combination of both.

Not Stock: 10.9 ET
Last week we saw the GT-R finally dip into the 10’s when Jotech Motorsports ran a mildly worked GT-R for a 10.9 @ 129 mph. Amazing work with what amounts to intake, exhaust, boost and tuning.

Almost Stock: 11.212 ET
On the more standard side of the street some cool things have been happening as well. FikseGTR from NAGTROC has run his almost standard GT-R at Moroso Motorsports park during a test and tune session. He put in a great effort to see an 11.212 @ 122.24 mph without using launch control. That’s right, no launch control needed. The only modifications he’s running is a COBB Tuning AccessPORT canned tune and a pair of K&N panel filters. Boost level in this tune tops out at 14 psi, less than 1 bar of boost. Good work! Video below.

Bone Stock 11.691 ET
Last but not least has to be HybridMT’s recent record for fastest standard GT-R down the 1/4 mile without using the launch control. He managed a 11.691 @ 120 mph. His 60ft time was 1.90. His GT-R is completely standard without a single modification and his secret to success is, “just mash the pedal in auto mode”.

Great work and while we all know the GT-R is not in any way shape or form designed to be a 1/4 mile racer it’s nice to know some people are having fun pursuing it for their own reasons.

Source: NAGTROC

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
when motor trend hears the 7:29 time was done by a ringer car they will take it back....

and btw they didnt even USE the zr1 or zo6 for car of the year competition. ;)
it was competing against cars like TL, A5, 135 LOL.. OKAY LMAO

Doesnt that mean that those two cars didnt make the competition at all? Does that mean you just owned yourself?

Yes I'm well aware of the fact that I own a corvette. I am also well aware of the fact at how much of a better car the GTR is.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Does this really surprise anyone? I personally wouldn't want one but you'd be stupid to think that Motor Trend wouldn't pick it.

onebad331

Established Member
i dont even know why you guys are entertaining this guy. he is just trying to get under peoples skin for no reason. someone should just lock this thread that will shut him up.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I make a motion to Ban the following Member: 25psi. For the reason of being a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread