Motortrend: 2014 Corvette tested

CobraJay

Established Member
I don't mind it, but the C6 Z06 and ZR1 look WAY better IMO. No doubt it will be a great car but in the looks department its a downgrade.

exactly how I feel. Looks its hurting. That grill is pretty bad. All that BLACK in the rear end is too much. Tail lights are OK. They could have done a lot better I think. Our current Z06 is just so badass looking. Maybe I am just expecting too much. Yet, they do look better and better every generation so my expectations aren't too high.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I'll reserve judgement for the C7 Z06 and if they make a C7 ZR1.

Judging the C7 by the first photos of the lowest model with no mods (wheels and drop) would be like judging mustangs its lowest model in stock form.

Kind of like I wouldn't say "man 99-04 mustangs are hideous" when all I've seen is this:

2001_ford_mustang_coupe_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

mr2cam

Established Member
Question, sorry if this was already answered, but does this thing really have a 7 speed manual?

**EDIT** Nevermind, just saw that it does, wow that is weird lol

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
Really? My C4 must be the exception. It is tight with no squeeks or rattles. In fact, every button, switch and light on it works perfectly.

Or, maybe you are going a little overboard and being overly dramatic?:-D

I have been in a lot of C4's and they were all complete pieces of shit, comparing a C4 to a Supra is a joke.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Unbelievable car. I love the interior and all the technology it comes with. I would rather have a C7 Z51 over a C6 ZO6 and I never thought I'd say that.

smitty2919

Established Member
Way too much electronic BS in it.

Cars like this are why rich guys with no driving skill can keep up with the pack lol.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Performance numbers aren't everything as anything can be made fast. Give me a 981 cayman s over this C7 any day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread