Couple points i take away is
- The GT500 needs skinnies and slicks to fight the GTR's awd/launch control
- Randy P. would prob pick the GT500 to take home if he had to choose
- The 5.0 tuned with bolt ons, is quicker than a stock GT500 running 12.4@115

[youtube_browser]wfzqmpQQfOs[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
First I heard of the carbon package on the z06, that's sweet. Practically a z-r1 with the z-06 engine, probably a five thousand dollar brake job tho. Im sure carbon ceramic rotors aren't cheap. Way more affordable then a ford gt tho, I think I might be going to the darkside one day. My cobra is almost paid off, about a year to go might be sooner, im looking into getting a base gt, six speed, 3.73's and brembo's for a D.D. Or sell the cobra and use the money as a down payment on a used z-06. hmmm... so many options.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
please post up some pics of your car bro :beer:

dont have any glamor shots yet.

5tuhlg.jpg

5.0jake

Established Member
True: "The 5.0 tuned with bolt ons, is quicker than a stock GT500 running 12.4@115"
How about a GT500 tuned and bolt-ons...

cababah

Established Member
True: "The 5.0 tuned with bolt ons, is quicker than a stock GT500 running 12.4@115"
How about a GT500 tuned and bolt-ons...

False.

The 5.0 tuned with bolt ons is faster than a stock GT500 with factory tires.

The only mod the GT500 needs to beat the tune/bolt on GT are stickier tires/DR

Rick88LX

Established Member
First I heard of the carbon package on the z06, that's sweet. Practically a z-r1 with the z-06 engine, probably a five thousand dollar brake job tho. Im sure carbon ceramic rotors aren't cheap. Way more affordable then a ford gt tho, I think I might be going to the darkside one day. My cobra is almost paid off, about a year to go might be sooner, im looking into getting a base gt, six speed, 3.73's and brembo's for a D.D. Or sell the cobra and use the money as a down payment on a used z-06. hmmm... so many options.

The cheapest you'll find a Z06 with the Carbon package around here stickers for $94k. There are several on the dealer lots right now. Not many of us buying them new anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread