Motorcyle Riding Jacket?

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
With motorcycle season fast approaching, I am in need of some riding gear. Basically, I am looking for a good riding jacket. I know there are quite a few bike riders on SVTP, so this question is for you guys.

I'm not looking for anything special, just a jacket with elbow and back pads, basic black, no retarded color schemes, and no full track suits. I am also interested in seeing if they make knee pads of some sort. I want to pick up a jacket I can ride with, and then get off the bike and walk around in without looking like I just got done hot lapping. If you guys have any pics of your gear post em up!

Oh, and my bikes are an '84 Suzuki GS1100, '79+'80 KZ1300 (my father and me have one), a '8? Yamaha XS850 Midnight Special, and an '85 XS1100 for those interested. I'll get pics when we take them out of storage.

Thanks! :beer:

black96snake

Established Member
Teknic makes good gear that is pretty inexpensive. check it out on ebay. If you can find a speedstar jacket in all black for around 200-250 that is a great deal on a very high quality jacket.

As far a knee pads,...Icon makes some that you wear under your jeans that are for motorcycles.

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
I used to have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with inner liner. It had elbow and back pads and let the air flow in nicely if you take out the liner.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
DOHC32VMark8 said:
With motorcycle season fast approaching, I am in need of some riding gear. Basically, I am looking for a good riding jacket. I know there are quite a few bike riders on SVTP, so this question is for you guys.

I'm not looking for anything special, just a jacket with elbow and back pads, basic black, no retarded color schemes, and no full track suits. I am also interested in seeing if they make knee pads of some sort. I want to pick up a jacket I can ride with, and then get off the bike and walk around in without looking like I just got done hot lapping. If you guys have any pics of your gear post em up!

Oh, and my bikes are an '84 Suzuki GS1100, '79+'80 KZ1300 (my father and me have one), a '8? Yamaha XS850 Midnight Special, and an '85 XS1100 for those interested. I'll get pics when we take them out of storage.

If you want the best,BKS, you will pay for it though. Vanson makes good stuff as well. I have Spidi, Dianese and Alpinestars personally.

1000HP+

Established Member
If your looking for a nice textile jacket I would highly reccomend Spidi as well. Which ever jacket you get go with hard armour and NOT the foam stuff. And my .02 stay away from Joe Rocket unlees you have some affinity for the term skin graft.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I use an Icon TiMax for summer riding. Its a mesh textile jacket with padding in all critical places. It also has Titanium plates over the top of your spine and shoulders. They also boast that wear points have titanium threads (you can see the shiney ones). I dont know how much it helps, but it sure cant hurt. Its easily washable in the washer and i hang it to dry. Has pockets in the front and an internal pocket thats perfect for wallet of cell phone.

For cooler days, i have a Geriche kevlar tribal with removable lining. It has vent flaps but i never open them *i have the mesh for warm*. It has all padding plus came with extras so you could double pad where you wish. I did arms and back.

Icon's newest gear is impressive, except i dont care for the helmets. I also ride with their boots and the Ti Max gloves. My buddy slid from 70mph (in full leathers at a track) on his Ti Max gloves and didnt even eat through a rivet. They have Titanium plates and rivets in critical areas also.

Here is a pic of the jacket. Comes in Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, White and Black. Personally, i dont use black gear cause i dont want to camoflauge myself to the black raod. I want mofos' to see me.

e28200140.jpg

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
DOHC32VMark8 said:

I have a black AGV jacket that I will sell you. It has only been worn a handful of times. It is very low-key but may not blend in to the social scene completely unnoticed. It is a good all season jacket; comes with a zip in/out liner, shoulder/forearm/back protectors; a few reflective pieces for after-dark jaunts;it has SUZUKI embroidered across the left chest; and a suzuki S on the left shoulder front.

Let me know, I can email you some pics.
I'd take $75 shipped for it.

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
I have a black AGV jacket that I will sell you. It has only been worn a handful of times. It is very low-key but may not blend in to the social scene completely unnoticed. It is a good all season jacket; comes with a zip in/out liner, shoulder/forearm/back protectors; a few reflective pieces for after-dark jaunts;it has SUZUKI embroidered across the left chest; and a suzuki S on the left shoulder front.

Let me know, I can email you some pics.
I'd take $75 shipped for it.

That would be awesome if you could send me the pics with the size of it!

Thanks for all the replies in this thread guys, you all got me in the right direction!!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread