Motorcycle rider dies while protesting helmet law

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Everyone should wear helmets when riding but if they dont want to I dont think they should have to wear them. Its your life, do with it as you please. Its just like seat belt laws.

Driver500

Established Member
Everyone should wear helmets when riding but if they dont want to I dont think they should have to wear them. Its your life, do with it as you please. Its just like seat belt laws.

I agree except for the seat belt law part. Seat belts give the driver a better chance of maintaining control after an impact.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Except that when their bare bones insurance policy does not pay for their long term medical care then the taxpayers have to foot the bill.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
dumpass .... if only more people that stupid would ride their bikes without a helmet we could get rid of more

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I agree except for the seat belt law part. Seat belts give the driver a better chance of maintaining control after an impact.

Yeah but that just goes back to whether society should "protect us from ourselves." Although I'm now seeing that these laws are not in place for our safety for the sake of our safety. There are monetary reasons behind it as FordSVTFan points out.

Except that when their bare bones insurance policy does not pay for their long term medical care then the taxpayers have to foot the bill.

True.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
We need to stop protecting people from themselves.

If youre too stupid to wear proper equipment then you deserve the consequences. I see squids all the time on sportbikes with flip flops, shorts and a wife beater. They have a helmet on.......ooh at least when the rest of your body is mangled and shredded theyll be able to identify you by your head.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member

If youre too stupid to wear proper equipment then you deserve the consequences. I see squids all the time on sportbikes with flip flops, shorts and a wife beater. They have a helmet on.......ooh at least when the rest of your body is mangled and shredded theyll be able to identify you by your head.

Its just as bad here. Its a :nonono: for me too.

usaf_eagle

Established Member

I agree only if we start turning them around at hospitals. Why should our premiums go up just because they're dumbasses. And like FordSVTFan said, taxpayers foot the bill most of the time.

snakecharmer

Established Member

Ding.

That's the reason I am totally opposed to the movement in some states (including my own) to remove the requirement. The ONLY way I'd agree to it is if by doing so it is understood that you MUST have insurance and not one red nickel of taxpayer money is going to be spent on you if you don't or don't have enough.

Users who are viewing this thread