Motorcycle Project

AintShePurty

Established Member
(((((((ATV RESTORATION Project)))))))))))) INPUT PLEASE!!!!!!!

heres a few quick pics of my current project. Its a 97 yamaha blaster 2 stroke that was pretty much my first bike. As with anything you dont take much care of, time has put a beating on it. Anyhow, heres some pics of my attempt at makin somethin old look new. did all the paint, polishing myself. THOUGHTS??

Before....
CIMG4291.jpg

CIMG4292.jpg

CIMG4294.jpg

CIMG4296.jpg

CIMG4297.jpg

One week ago
CIMG4298.jpg

CIMG4300.jpg

CIMG4302.jpg

Current
CIMG4304.jpg

CIMG4305.jpg

CIMG4310.jpg

CIMG4311.jpg

gonna put a "monster energy drink" graphic set on it to add some contrast. Overall, colors are gonna be silver, green and black.

QUESTION.........

BLACK OR POLISHED RIMS????????

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Looks good so far. I'd say take that pipe off and clean the whole thing. Last time I checked though, motorcycles had 2 wheels.....

Just givin you shit. Oh, and I'd say polished rims.

AintShePurty

Established Member
haha. thanks for the input. I am gona polish the WHOLE pipe. just been lazy and oly di part to see if it would come out ok.

More INPUT PLEASE!!

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I've an 89 kawasaki mojave 250 that was my first venture into the world of quads/motorcycles. I still have it & it's not in bad shape but needs a lot of maintenance. New chain/sprockets/tires, oil change, carb clean/rebuild, suspension probably needs updated, etc. It's just sitting right now & I'll put it all back together one of these days.

Looks like you're doing a good job:beer:

AintShePurty

Established Member
as long as the plastics prep'd right, it should hold. Hell, i figured id do this instead of buyin 500 dollar plastics. already had the paint. just had to get some primer. seein as im not workin right now, its the perfect time to get things like this done. we'll see how good the paint holds up though...

AintShePurty

Established Member
A lot of people call them motorcycles.

Looks great man, looks like a lot of hard work.

VERY HARD WORK. haha. just got finished puttin about 14 hours in today. maybe 1 1/2 hours of break to eat 2 times but thats about it. anyhow, i really appreciate all the positive feed back. i finished painting the frame today, now all i've got left is the swing-arm and rear hubs. the front hubs were painted green to match the fenders. i cant wait to get this thing done. Leavin to the sand dunes this friday w/a bunch of friends n family.

PICS TO COME VERY SOOOOOOON!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread