Motorcraft TPMS19 Transmitter?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Okay I need to rotate the tires on the old lady's '16 Ecoboost. Is the Motorcraft TPMS19 Transmitter the correct tool for the job?

U.M.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I have a base 2015 GT mustang, and I don't have to use the tool to rotate my tires. Are the newer cars different? I bought the tPMS tool for the day that I change the wheels and sensors for track trips. I haven't used it yet, though.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I've heard two stories now as far as the TPMS on 2015 and up Mustangs. Story one says you need to use a reset tool in order to reset the TPMS for the correct locations. Story two says that the TPMS in the 2015 and up Mustangs are self-learning. I'm about to find this out Saturday when I rotate the tires, let air out of one of them and then go for a drive.

Will post back once I've verified one method or the other.

U.M.

wjfawb0

Established Member
On my 2015 jeep wrangler the TPMS sensor in the wheel does not transmit until the wheel rolls down the road (centrifugal force). If you change the wheels out on a wrangler, the computer just learns the new sensors and their location--no prgoramming needed. I'm not sure if it figures out the position based on the revolutions of the sensor and the ABS sensors or proximity to multiple receivers.

I'll test my 2015 mustang to see if it knows the true TPMS sensor location tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread