Motorcraft Brake part Number

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
I had read the part number for front brakes on my 2004 Lightning was BR49..but they are actually BR50's totally different looking...anyone else have trouble ordering stock brake pads??

2qwikSVT

Established Member
I ordered stock rotors once and they told me they were BRRF60's. Wrong. Did you go to a parts store or somethin for that number?

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
No....went to a Ford Stealership...they had BR49 as the pads for the lightning...i took pics of the original..and matched them up to F 150 super duty pads..BR50's

2qwikSVT

Established Member
There were two different f150's during the generation of the lightning, there was a 7700 GVW f150 and the standard f150. The 7700 being the newer f250 light duty. That's the reason for there being two different types of pads, but why they would have it mixed up at the stealership, I have no idea. It's all confusing, I know I have to look at pictures when I order anything anymore. Ford really made it pretty hard. Haha, a lot harder than it should be.

Last edited:

2qwikSVT

Established Member
The way to tell I guess is if it says U/GVW 7700, it's the wrong one. O/GVW 7700 is the correct one for Lightnings.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
yeah 2qwik....that was the problem...but why wouldnt the computer know that the SVT uses the heavier duty pads??.Its beyond me how bad the service can be at a stealership...i was told that the SVT gets vacuumed and washed everytime it goes into the shop...not once was it...

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
Its funny.....they ask you what motor.....and if you have A/C...when ordering hub caps....but they dont know if its a special edition factory build....duh....haha

2qwikSVT

Established Member
"And what color is it....?" "Yes sir, I understand you only need the headlight bulb, I'm sorry..but I need to know what CDs you have in it in order for my computer to tell me it's a 9007 bulb.."

Users who are viewing this thread