Motor

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Well I am pretty sure that my rings are bad, and of course Ford said they might cover them and they might not. I dont really want them to do it, I dont trust them for shit. So what I am doing is upgrading...Should I get all the parts from JLP, have the motor bored and be without a truck for a while, or get a JLP short block and spend the extra money...My buddy is going to do it at his shop and he is going to give me a really good deal on the labor..so should i just get the shortblock and make it alot eaiser and maybe cheaper in the long run or just use the stock block?

I am going to have to get a loan which ever way I go so it doesnt really matter...

203Cree

Established Member
well, if your gonna have to get the loan no matter what, I say go with the shortblock. That's what'd I'd do in your shoes anyway.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
thats what im thinking about doing, i was just looking at the prices and JLP has their shortblock for 3600 and JDM has one for 4500...same internals...but they dont come with cams...do they? what cams should i get stage 2 or stage 3?

this is going to still be a daily driver

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
well if ford is going to do it under warrenty let them do it and then turn around and sell that motor and put the JLP motor in
remember you can always make money on a running motor

Users who are viewing this thread