1/4 mi. 12.7 @ 116
lateral accel .92g
braking 60-0 110ft.
weight 3944lb 57/43
base price $41,950

I wouldn't mind having one.

BetterthanU

Banned
does it still say mid-teens? ok, cuz that's what I've said. Don't yell at me, I'm not the one who stated the 1/4 mile should be in the 114 range...Ford's engineers just did, to 5.0 mag. Maybe you should write them a letter and get out your frustrations.

--you're a class act, trying to start shit in another thread, after you've been made to look like an ass in another. Take it somewhere else.

BetterthanU

Banned
yea, jman's shown he's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to cars...and in no way an ignorant fanboy.....if you're gonna get someone's back, there's alot of other more knowledgable people than him who don't all agree with me. Although, I do enjoy you emulating his tactics of trying to start shit in multiple threads at once.

jman345

Banned
BetterthanU still hasnt put an article up where they said trap speeds of 114 but yet he keeps on insisting it is sounds like a ricer lover to me.

jman345

Banned
Yeah betterthanU has shown his knowledge also wait he has none so he cant show any knowledge but hey what ricer can. lol

BetterthanU

Banned
jman345 said:
BetterthanU still hasnt put an article up where they said trap speeds of 114 but yet he keeps on insisting it is sounds like a ricer lover to me.
hey, look at the thread entitled 5.0 magazine...if you can spare a moment.

"Ford projects a 114-mph trap speed"

"They were not that impressed with the power"

--now give it a rest.

Last edited:

G. El Dorado

Established Member
If you read the article you'll see that time was ran by an accomplished drag racer, and not the usual mag editor. That makes me wonder, if a pro can only get a high 12 out of this car, what's a regualr guy gonna be able to do with it?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i think he is hating on the car because he cant afford one. i may be wrong.

back to the 114, ford said that in one article, saying anyone and thier mom will be able to run a 114 trap speed in the new gt500. what they refuse to look at is that the magazines who have run these on little more than flat blacktop(compared to a prepped 1/4 strip) have mainly been hitting 116. imagine what will happen when race at a prepped track and they start power shifting the gt500? :pop:

Last edited:

BetterthanU

Banned
who knows, it'll be interesting to see, possible ford is being conservative.....although, since you brought up the mags, only one of them has ran a 116, and MT is usually a bit high.

these things aren't going to be running 120, that's for sure.

Affordability isn't an issue for me, at all. I could sell my terminator, CLK430, and lt1 c4 if I really wanted, but I'm quite happy as is, thank you.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
BetterthanU said:
who knows, it'll be itneresting to see.....these things aren't going to be running 120, that's for sure.

Affordability isn't an issue for me, at all. I could sell my terminator, CLK430, and lt1 c4 if I really wanted, but I'm quite happy as is, thank you.

at least you know your better than me. :rockon:

BetterthanU

Banned
hey, don't act like I'm the one being a prick about money, you're the one who started in about it...and now you've been set straight. (and once again, folks, it's a metallica reference...said that within like my first 3 posts on here). Enjoy your Ranger. :rolling:

Last edited:

jman345

Banned
And like i said again and again it was a prototype car he was driving so you dont have accurate numbers. So i guess we better go to motor trend and what they say is fact also since they go a 12.2 in the quarter and 117 trap speeds we can play it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread