Motor Trend Veyron Test--Video

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I don't care what anyone says about how it looks, that's one of the most amazing technical accomplishments by a car company EVER. Daily driver civilized, makes an Enzo or F1 seem like it's standing still. I believe they said the Veyron could give an F1 a headstart from up to 120, launch and still beat it to 200. Retarded.

I read a thread on FChat where an Enzo owner said he drove a Veyron and it was on such a different level speedwise it wasn't worth comparison...

mustangbee

Established Member
DBK said:
I believe they said the Veyron could give an F1 a headstart from up to 120, launch and still beat it to 200. Retarded.

I...

yep, thats correct sir...thats giving the world's next best supercar 120mph headstart....insane

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
mustangbee said:
yep, thats correct sir...thats giving the world's next best supercar 120mph headstart....insane

HOw freakin sick is that?!?! The Mclaren F1 not only beaten but smoked. Low 10s and only press some buttons? Damn so easy and you're deep in the tens crazy. I would not hesitate to buy this car if I had the money to do so. It so unbelievably and nice, and safe, and luxurious, and...:pepper:

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
1.5 mil, gosh damn!

i wonder how much boost?

what happens if something goes wrong on it? Will you guys beable to tell me why my check engine light is on?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
mustangbee said:

GET TO 200 FIRST, NOT PASS IT! Thats over a 1320 feet to make back up in under 40 seconds.

Still retartedly fast. The simple fact its civilized to a point of a daily driver (minus the gas situation) makes the arguement, "WELL MY XXX CAR CAN WITH XXX PARTS" invalid.

turbosaleen

Established Member
bah

um.. the mclaren would kill the bugati in the quarter mile so would the konegsegg ccx the ccx has been clocked at 9.9 on the stock tires..

up to about 175 both cars would crush it at wich point the sheer horsepower of the veryon and better cd would push it up to 200+ faster.

also 140 mph trap speed ? sorry but NO WHERE NEAR 1000 horsepower its more like 850

my car traps 138 at 3800 pounds with only 700 flywheel horsepower.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
turbosaleen said:
um.. the mclaren would kill the bugati in the quarter mile so would the konegsegg ccx the ccx has been clocked at 9.9 on the stock tires..

up to about 175 both cars would crush it at wich point the sheer horsepower of the veryon and better cd would push it up to 200+ faster.

also 140 mph trap speed ? sorry but NO WHERE NEAR 1000 horsepower its more like 850

:kaboom:

Post your facts before talking out of your ass.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
turbosaleen said:

The mclaren lm (680bhp circa 2400lbs) would be get owned in the 1/4 mile, and they only made 5 of those, the regular f1 wouldn't stand a chance. cant beat 1000ft lb's and a quad turbo awd launch of 4500+rpms. The car weighs in at 4500lbs thats almost a f ucking escalade.

turbosaleen

Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
The mclaren lm (680bhp circa 2400lbs) would be get owned in the 1/4 mile, and they only made 5 of those, the regular f1 wouldn't stand a chance. cant beat 1000ft lb's and a quad turbo awd launch of 4500+rpms. The car weighs in at 4500lbs thats almost a f ucking escalade.

you need to learn how to do math.

2400 pounds divided by 680 horsepower = 3.52 pounds per horsepower

4400 pounds divded by 1001 horsepower = 4.4 pounds per horsepower the mclaren would walk way from it HARD anywhere in the4 acelleration range except above 175 where aerodynamics and gearing come into play.

and 680 horses is enough to run nines at 2400 horsepower seeing as how i already ran a 9.80 with a car that wieghed 3000 and made 598 rwhp

its not talking out of my ass its pure facts im not some kid who believes everything i read in a magazine i build cars that make 2000 horsepower every day i know what is capable with what kind of power to weight ratios.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
turbosaleen said:
you need to learn how to do math.

Blah blah blah...

its not talking out of my ass its pure facts im not some kid who believes everything i read in a magazine i build cars that make 2000 horsepower every day i know what is capable with what kind of power to weight ratios.

Exactly you know WHAT it is capable of unfortunately not every 3.52:1 lb Lemans winning race car converted to street is set up to run down "da dang good ol' qwata mile". The bugatti's fat fuggin ass will be well past the 330 foot before you get the mclaren hooked up.

There are only 5 of those cars in existence, its not a production Mclaren F1. IT IS THE LEMANS RACECAR with 80 more horsepower. Don't take it from me though, im just a kid that gave you the information you would of otherwise not known.

Funny someone who builds 2000 hp cars every day would be flustered enough to post a condescending response, most people would just take it with a grain of salt, and you had enough downtime to post it inbetween meeting that big ass exaggerated quota you set for yourself. Damn bro what kind of meds you on cause your back must hurt carrying all that weight! Hercules, Hercules!

Buuuuut something tells me your not on here to make friends, just mercilessy plug the ever important times of your supercar slayers, then again who said trolls can't have fast cars :beer:

Last edited:

turbosaleen

Established Member
the mclaren and the ccx have BOTH run 10 flat to 9 second times in testing on street tires they dont have to much traction problems.

Users who are viewing this thread