Motor Tren Rat Rod vs Aventador

The Sinner

GETUSUM
Established Member
I have been to a few rat rod car shows and have seen some pretty bad ass cars, but most of them seem like you need a tetanus shot just to stand next to it.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Between those two; Lambo.

Between the Rat Rod, and any other modern car on the planet... I'd rather have a modern car...

What a pile of garbage. A 2012 Mazda Miata would probably rape that thing in just about any contest of performance, except maybe a dyno competition, or a straight-line drag race... but really with those skinny ass tires i'd bet the Miata would give it a run for it's money... hahaha

Sorry but I have to echo some of the sentiments already stated here; Rat Rods to me, look like unfinished projects... and apparently (according to the video) are uncomfortable, barely drivable, unsafe deathtraps...

I found David Freiburger's attempts to downplay the Lambo's performance wildly entertaining... "It's not THAT fast..." Compared to what? It'll run 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, on regular street Pirelli's, on the street... not a prepped drag strip... and that's bloody fast... and if you fancy a run at the drag strip, it'll bang off 10-second passes with little drama. Not to mention the 217mph top speed.

Asking the question "Which would get more girls" is a douche comparison in it's own right... Plenty of girls think the Volkswagon Beetle is a "cool" car... doesn't make me want one.

If you're buying cars to get girls, you're doing it wrong.

All this...^

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
What a pile of garbage. A 2012 Mazda Miata would probably rape that thing in just about any contest of performance, except maybe a dyno competition, or a straight-line drag race... but really with those skinny ass tires i'd bet the Miata would give it a run for it's money... hahaha

I found David Freiburger's attempts to downplay the Lambo's performance wildly entertaining... "It's not THAT fast..." Compared to what? It'll run 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, on regular street Pirelli's, on the street... not a prepped drag strip... and that's bloody fast... and if you fancy a run at the drag strip, it'll bang off 10-second passes with little drama. Not to mention the 217mph top speed.
absolutely AWESOME job of missing the point of rat rods. you should go to classic car show and laugh at those morons that put a POS flathead V8 in their period hot rod while you're at it.

freiburger wasn't "attempting" to downplay anything, he was stating his opinion. he wasn't comparing the aventador to another street legal production car, he was saying that it's not $400k fast in his opinion. that's coming from the guy that owns the 1500HP F-bomb camaro and has a few 200MPH hats from bonneville. i think he could give a shit how fast a car will go with the stipulations that you mention.
BTW, did you miss the part where he said...
"the thing i will give it is that we had NO track time at all, NO performance testing. on a road course, i think the lamborghini would REALLY kick ass, the AWDs unbeatable, but that's just not our skill set. we were looking at this more from a regular muscle car guy point of view"
...or are you just pretending that he didn't say it? i'm gonna say the latter, because if you actually acknowledged that he isn't just talking shit about the lambo but rather giving his personal opinion on it based on his history and the 24hrs he spent with the car, then be playing the role of badass keyboard warrior:bash:

WATCH OUT GUYS, "1hot281"s OPINION IS FACT!!!

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
absolutely AWESOME job of missing the point of rat rods. you should go to classic car show and laugh at those morons that put a POS flathead V8 in their period hot rod while you're at it.

freiburger wasn't "attempting" to downplay anything, he was stating his opinion. he wasn't comparing the aventador to another street legal production car, he was saying that it's not $400k fast in his opinion. that's coming from the guy that owns the 1500HP F-bomb camaro and has a few 200MPH hats from bonneville. i think he could give a shit how fast a car will go with the stipulations that you mention.
BTW, did you miss the part where he said...
"the thing i will give it is that we had NO track time at all, NO performance testing. on a road course, i think the lamborghini would REALLY kick ass, the AWDs unbeatable, but that's just not our skill set. we were looking at this more from a regular muscle car guy point of view"
...or are you just pretending that he didn't say it? i'm gonna say the latter, because if you actually acknowledged that he isn't just talking shit about the lambo but rather giving his personal opinion on it based on his history and the 24hrs he spent with the car, then be playing the role of badass keyboard warrior:bash:

WATCH OUT GUYS, "1hot281"s OPINION IS FACT!!!

Lets review, it couldn't even make it out of the parking lot, they could barely see where they were going, it over heated in traffic and they had to wear earplugs to drive it. Sounds like a great vehicle to me.:rollseyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Lets review, it couldn't even make it out of the parking lot, they could barely see where they were going, it over heated in traffic and they had to wear earplugs to drive it. Sounds like a great vehicle to me.:rollseyes
lets review: right at the start of the video, freiburger said of the ratrod "...it's a marketing piece, it's meant JUST to be looked at..."
but, hey, lets ignore that part so that we can talk shit about the video, right?

Users who are viewing this thread