Motor swap help.

Hellspeaker

Snake Bit'
Established Member
I found some nice used 03-04 2v motors. Was wondering if i could swap them directly into my 1998 gt with no major problems. I know someone out there has done this so lemme know whassup please.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
I have a 04 motor in mine, drop it in, use your 98 harness and reflash it with a hand held and your good to go.

Yup. What he said. I have a '04 Motor in mine as well, pretty straight forward swap, I used my original timing cover and coil packs, I had to play around with the second coolant temp but other than that no problems or issues. I didn't tune mine for a little while, I'm pretty sure its "safe" untuned. Good luck with the swap.
Ps- The '04 motor along with LT's and a few other bolt ons made a world of difference.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Yup. What he said. I have a '04 Motor in mine as well, pretty straight forward swap, I used my original timing cover and coil packs, I had to play around with the second coolant temp but other than that no problems or issues. I didn't tune mine for a little while, I'm pretty sure its "safe" untuned. Good luck with the swap.
Ps- The '04 motor along with LT's and a few other bolt ons made a world of difference.

The car will run fine without the tune however it will run much better with just using a handheld. I had to do a little more to mine since my motor is out of a 04 crown vic police interceptor. I had to reuse my exhaust manifolds, oil filter housing, and the complete intake setup since it faces the opposite way on the crown vic, also had to reuse my oil pan. Since my motor is out of a crown vic it already had 2 coolant sensors in the crossover but the sensor for the gauge will not work so I had to add a temp gauge. Its a huge improvment over the NPI motor, OP will be very happy with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread