Motor question build opinions..help needed

stangaddict09

Established Member
Hi guys. Just reaching out for some info or help on current situation. I sold my 99 L to a buddy of mine. Truck had 40,000 babied miles. He ran her hard for a while and finally blew a plug out of the head. He bit the bullet and bought New Trick Flow heads and cams. had them installed by somebody who didnt know what they were doing. believe motor was out of time, had no power. long story short, he took it to another shop and turns out same guy started working there and they were not on good terms after the first screw up. Him and another guy supposedly fixed problem. He picked the truck up, still had no power again he made it 20 miles I believe it was the Oil light that came on . anyway he shut truck down and had severe engine knock afterwards. We took motor apart to find oil pickup completely clogged with a 1 by 3 inch piece of plastic, shreds of brillow pad and some small cardboard pieces. needless to say they were both fired. Ok Now heres were I need your help. He ordered a new Ford racing Short Block, His Trick Flow heads and cams are hopefully ok. anyway, only other mods are cat back and CAI. always had stock pulleys and mass air.Looking for any proven combos or ideas to make this thing run healthy. Mass air ..injectors...what size pulleys...??? hes planning on removing cats and truck will be dyno tuned when done. Any input is greatly appreciated Thanks Mike:beer:

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Hi guys. Just reaching out for some info or help on current situation. I sold my 99 L to a buddy of mine. Truck had 40,000 babied miles. He ran her hard for a while and finally blew a plug out of the head. He bit the bullet and bought New Trick Flow heads and cams. had them installed by somebody who didnt know what they were doing. believe motor was out of time, had no power. long story short, he took it to another shop and turns out same guy started working there and they were not on good terms after the first screw up. Him and another guy supposedly fixed problem. He picked the truck up, still had no power again he made it 20 miles I believe it was the Oil light that came on . anyway he shut truck down and had severe engine knock afterwards. We took motor apart to find oil pickup completely clogged with a 1 by 3 inch piece of plastic, shreds of brillow pad and some small cardboard pieces. needless to say they were both fired. Ok Now heres were I need your help. He ordered a new Ford racing Short Block, His Trick Flow heads and cams are hopefully ok. anyway, only other mods are cat back and CAI. always had stock pulleys and mass air.Looking for any proven combos or ideas to make this thing run healthy. Mass air ..injectors...what size pulleys...??? hes planning on removing cats and truck will be dyno tuned when done. Any input is greatly appreciated Thanks Mike:beer:
Tell him to talk to his tuner maybe he is better with different pulley combos

Users who are viewing this thread