motor mounts

nasty cobra

Established Member
has anyone had a problem with the poly mounts setting down in the k-member the right way. whats the best way to fix it because my pulley is hitting the hood with it setting the way it is

SlowSVT

Established Member
There is something wrong with what you have. Urethane is fairly high on the durometer scale. What brand are you using?

nasty cobra

Established Member
I don't remember the brand, but i noticed that they r not setting flat on the kmember and can't get the m to set down flush, what is the best thing to do

2broke2gofast

Established Member
I've ran into the problem before on aftermarket mounts. My passenger side worked fine, but the drivers side had a small tab on the back of the mount that was made to sit in a notch that my cross member did not have. I ground that tab off and solved the problem. Not sure if this is your issue, but gives you an idea.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
there definitely something wrong. Do you have them on the correct sides? I use the energy ones and the have a lil button the falls into a slot so the mount sit correctly. best way to install is raise the motor and install the mounts. Leave the bolt loose onto the block, on both mounts. Lower the motor and guide the mount into place on the k-member. Once everything is seated properly on both sides then go in a tighten all the bolts after inspecting everything.

nasty cobra

Established Member
I tried that but the lil buttons will not slide in, im running a 4lb lower and a 3.5 upper and its touching the hood a lil bit, hopefully when I grind that button off it will not touch

Users who are viewing this thread