motor mount options

ctgreddy

Established Member
What are some good options for motor mounts that wont cause much if any more nvh over the stock mounts? My car being high miles and big blower I'm sure the mounts are shot and plan to upgrade while changing other items. Just dont want it to be much rougher than stock ones.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Energy Suspension. I bought a set on discount bandit for 130 (I think) brand new, no tax, and free shipping. I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I just put in a new Ford set, at 82k miles they were shot. The drivers side literally fell apart when I pulled it out. Just having new ones made a huge difference.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Some of these mounts may cause the motor to sit either higher or lower a little bit from what I've read. May be an issue with a big blower contacting the underside of the hood...

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Some of these mounts may cause the motor to sit either higher or lower a little bit from what I've read. May be an issue with a big blower contacting the underside of the hood...

You could shim the K member down if that’s an issue.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
When I did my k-member i did energy suspension. I notice no extra NHV over the stock style. Both my stock ones were pretty destroyed and im only ay 32k miles.

Soap

Established Member
Pretty sure I got mine from Prothane. I didn't notice a significant change in NVH but I have stock cams so not much movement to begin with.

--Joe

ctgreddy

Established Member
Thanks for all the options guys! Those with the energy suspension, did you notice any change in engine height? my blower is extreeeeemely close to the hood and already have 3/16 k shims so would prefer something that'll keep it where it is already if I can.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I wish I had paid better attention to that CTgreddy. I'm wondering if the engine sits a little lower with them because I have an issue of my steering shaft rubbing slightly on my headers. If the engine was a tiny bit higher I would perfect header fitment

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Mine fit flawlessly. Steering shaft clearance was like oem and I️ never measured the blower clearance. I️ just know it doesn’t rub. It’s a TVS for what it’s worth. My friends 3.4 was a nightmare to make clear. What blower do you have CTG?

WD95, difference could be the K member geometry. If memory serves me yours headers are the 3/4” and mine are 7/8ths (same brand) and they clear just fine.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Mine fit flawlessly. Steering shaft clearance was like oem and I️ never measured the blower clearance. I️ just know it doesn’t rub. It’s a TVS for what it’s worth. My friends 3.4 was a nightmare to make clear. What blower do you have CTG?

WD95, difference could be the K member geometry. If memory serves me yours headers are the 3/4” and mine are 7/8ths (same brand) and they clear just fine.

I also have a 3.4. I notched the hood and have small K spacers. Only needed the spacers because my racecraft K member raised the engine slightly.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I also have a 3.4. I notched the hood and have small K spacers. Only needed the spacers because my racecraft K member raised the engine slightly.

Is yours a crusher? My friends unknown branded K member raised the engine. I️ would say we more then notched the hood. 1/2” spacers and a shit load of notching/cutting. In the end it all worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread