Motor is done

coolguy10786

Established Member
Take a look :banana:
DSCN2172.jpg

More pics:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=32785

Should be here by fri or monday and hopefully running next weekend.

coolguy10786

Established Member
nice - what is the bore and stroke on that bullet?

Boss cast iron block with the 3.7 bore and and kellogg stroker crank bringing it out to 324

pure sex...you keeping the cams you had or going with new ones?

Ya i wasn't able to sell them and they will work great with the motor. I'm changing the centerlines for the cams, keeping the intake at 111 and changing the exhaust to 114 giving them a LSA of 112.5.

Once i degree the cams, she'll be ready to go back in

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You son of a bitch...

-edit- and I mean that in a I'm completely jelous of you sort of way. That's awesome. Vids or ban when you get it running :)

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
LOL!

If you were in the area i would take you for a ride. Will definitely get a vid up when its done.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Looks good Jeremy but it will look a lot better in the car:-D Got a time frame to getting the Cobra running again?

coolguy10786

Established Member
Looks good Jeremy but it will look a lot better in the car:-D Got a time frame to getting the Cobra running again?

HOPING for next weekend, but that will depend on work, school, and boxing. Won't get much done this weekend since im fighting on saturday and won't have all the parts yet.

Nice. Any power number estimates?

Anywhere between 400rwhp-475rwhp. Same motor Carlos went with, but has longer intake runners ( 9.8 psr vs. his 4.5-5 sully) about the same amount of cam with less lift( .475/.450 vs .500/.475), smaller ports (01 cobra ported vs 04 cobra ported), and it should peak about 6900rpm. However i am running closer to 11:1 compression, but will be first tuned on 92.

No matter what im sure it will be fun and with the longer runners and smaller ports, it should be torquey:burnout:

coolguy10786

Established Member
Update

Well things have been progressing a little slow due to school and work. Doing two majors really sucks, especially when they are Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.

Anyways, i had some snags last weekend and wasn't able to get the cams dialed in. Started on it again today and so far have the passenger side dialed in after about 1.5hrs. Those Mod Component gears are great! I couldn't imagine how much of a bitch it must be just the grind the key ways. Definitely worth the 500.

I was hoping to have it running tomorrow, but that won't happen now. The new oil cooler i got didn't come with a new shaft and the old stock 96 one is too big. Damn ford.

But, it should be all done except that. So it should hopefully fire tuesday, which happens to be my b-day. So it will either be great or horrible.

I'd take pics, but don't have a digi camera at the shop :(

Helomech74

Established Member
Nice choice of motor. I built my motor with the same block. I kept the stock stroke on it for now, but I do have the new pistons, rods and crank to go in this winter to take mine to 324ci. Should be fun. The Boss block is an excellent choice.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Nice Jeremy, ill be hitting you up for a ride next time i visit washington ;)

Sounds like a plan:beer: Lets just hope its before the snow hits

send this man a camera so he can post some pics!

I'm going to get my buddies camera today(hopefully)

Nice choice of motor. I built my motor with the same block. I kept the stock stroke on it for now, but I do have the new pistons, rods and crank to go in this winter to take mine to 324ci. Should be fun. The Boss block is an excellent choice.

Nice! I traded my intake for the block, plus to cut down on time.

coolguy10786

Established Member
I'm sick of mustangs. I'm going to set this damn car on fire.

Sorry long day of working on the car and discovering parts that don't swap between years and shitty quality of aftermarket parts.

Car prob won't run til next weekend.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
LOL! I went through 6 weeks of this. Then it wouldn't tune. Then the tune fell out. Still gremlins running around in there... There's light at the end of the tunnel though. I have faith in it.

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
This happened to me when i put my new forged motor in. it would just crank over and not fire. And after a hard day of putting everythig in i forgot to connect the injector and upper engine harness to the firewall connector lol. The big black box right in front of me. i just set it on their and after i figured that out i felt retarded and bolted it down. fired right up!

coolguy10786

Established Member
Thats what im hoping, but just got a little burnt out yesterday. Motor is in the car, but still got some issues to deal with.

I did find a part i thought i didn't have which saved me 60 bucks, so that made me feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread