Motor cut when snapping the pedal in first gear at 3500-4000RPM. Please advise.

pdube1

Established Member
Hi Guys,
I have an issue since recently when snapping the gaz pedal when I'm at a stop or running at low speed in first gear.
I'm not sure from where this issue comes from but when I snap the gaz pedal the engine cuts like if the traction control would kicked in.
At first I thought it was the TC, but it does that also when it is set to off. Also, this is not the rev limiter because this happens at about 3500-4000k RPM range.
So I feel like it is a fire issue. When I go on the highway and snap the pedal in 2nd gear, all is fine, no problem and it accelerates hard and I can keep it until 6k RPM without problem until I shift...
Also, there is no problem when I on neutral and I snap the pedal, I guess it's because there is no load on neutral.
I have a 2.80" pulley which produces about 14 of boost. This is the same tune I have since I installed the pulley 4 years ago and I hadn't have any problem like this before.
Do you guys have any idea?
Thanks

Last edited:

pdube1

Established Member
It looks like the issue is not related to the RPM range, I was rolling very slow in 1st gear and then pushed on the gas pedal as fast as I could. the engine cut as soon as the boost got to his max, the RPM was probably at about 3000 RPM. It did it also in second gear, but it required more RPM (I guess more RPM was required to get the max of boost).
Could it be the MAF?
I have a new K&N air filter that I need to install, I will clean the MAF at the same time and dump my tune from my SCT programmer.

Users who are viewing this thread