• ROKR

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
RAZR, V360, or 6810 phone?

Ignore the poll

So I'm looking for a new cell phone. Preferably something with video. I have an iPod so a ROKR isn't really necessary, but they're both the same price. Anyone feel it's worth it? Both these phones are $100 with a three year plan, and the RAZR would be black, if I got it.
As well, I'm 18, and have had my credit card for 5 months. the law says you have to be legal age of majority to purchase a cell which is why I did not get one in store, however online it doesn't matter, they just want my CC number? Will a credit check (required) hurt my credit and damage it that much? I'll be 19 when I begin actually paying for the cellphone plan, as the first 6 months are free. Or should I get a cosigner? (Big PITA)
so thoughts/opinions - thanks! :thumbsup:
motorola_v3black_350x480.gif
motorola_rokr_e1_350x480.gif

RAZR -------------------------------------------------------------- ROKR

EDIT >>>>
However as well, for half the price, there is the nokia 6061 which records video....

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i just got a black razr, i love the phone. that would be my suggestion
you can get a GREAT deal buying the phone at walmart, $69.99!!!!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
HPCobra04 said:
If you buy it at any cell phone chain you better get the insurance.
Well the thing is the insurance is $50 - By ordering online, I get a $50 gift certificate to bestbuy or some restraunts or an MP3 player (pointless, have an iPod)
so.... It balances out.

I'm also thinking the nokia 6810
nokia_6820_350x480.gif

I already cut the Nokia 6061 off my list because it's cheap, 1/3 the price i'm willing to pay, and I have been told it's extremely breakable.

Finally, I'm also considering the MOTO V360.
motorola_v360_350x480.gif

i've pretty much cut out the ROKR, as it's only going to store 100 songs and I already have an iPod.

Last edited:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Last edited:

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
The rokr is garbage , trust me i know. The razor is neat but it is wide. and lacks alot of the extra's. The one good thing its easy to mod. The one phone that has it all is the samsung dz540 its a razor lookalike but if you are looking at $100 id pick the razor

RTR GHIG

Established Member
I've got both phones and I only use the ROKR now. The Razor has alot of softare issues. I've had nothing but trbl with it. My friends also got the Razors and they quickly got other phones too. I love the ROKR. When i'm not on the phone, I'm listening to my music. The ROKR has everything the Razor has and more except for the size. It fits in my pockets just fine. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
Well it really depends on your service. I'm looking at the RAZR because Verizon just started to carry it on it's CDMA network but Cingular has had the RAZR for quite some time. The new Verizon RAZR the V3c is an upgraded model (with a crappy interface thanks to Verizon) from the one you have shown and Cingular is getting the new V3i which included a more rounded design, 2.0 megapixel camera, better battery life. Now since you're in Canada I'm really not sure what they have to offer or if they are on GSM or CDMA networks. The ROKR is being updated too without iTunes and in favor of a Linux OS with another music player. That i'm not sure when it will be out but the new RAZR should be out soon.

My friend has the Nokia and it is sweet, the only problem was text messaging I really use both hands but not for a seperate set of keys. My typing was way too slow and the screen was a tad smaller than from I am use to. Nokia has some classic games on it though!

kilercamron

k
Established Member
I have a black razr and I love it. Its extremely light and I love the big screen. Its super durable also! Its made of T-304 Aluminum, about two weeks after I got it I set it on my car roof and accidently drove off with it and it feel to the concrete, only thing that happend was a extremely miniscule scratch that is about the size of a spec of dirt. hahah this phone is awsome :rockon:

adidas

Established Member
The Razr is a cool phone, and you get a lot of comments from the way it looks. But that is pretty much what you're paying for, the looks. The features on it aren't really that great, but I do have one of the ones that first came out, so it might be a bit better now.

ShwoffGT

Established Member
I have the black RAZR and a couple people dogged on me telling me it was a junk phone. I think it was jealousy personally. But anyways...I have never had an issue with my phone. Works perfect. I love it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'd say the Nokia 6810 or wait for the Razr V3x. It looks better and has a better camera. Plus its the 2nd gen so you won't have any of the initial problems of the first razr, if there were any.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I got my RAZR about a month or so ago, and LOVE it. I never wanted a phone with all that camera stuff on it, but it doesnt drop calls and it has some other valuable features my last phone didnt have.
I do think its cool to have a 4x zoom on the camera though. :thumbsup:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I'm leaning more towards the other motorola at the moment. My friend can take video on his razr, but his is unlocked from the provider, and I talked to the provider that has the razr here and some phones are unlocked, some aren't... As well the new RAZR will be coming out either the end of this month or next month, and that will be a 1.3MP camera. I went to the store today but I've been really sick the past few days, with chills and periods of being really hot, and when you're in the store in a sweat, you really just want to go home...

Users who are viewing this thread