Motive gear: Impressions after a year

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
As some of you know, I ran Motive 3.90 gears in my car for the last year or so. While I was pleased with the middle ground it gave me between 4.10's and 3.73's, I can honestly say I will never touch another Motive product again. I picked the car up from my local shop, Delk Performance today after installing FMS 4.10's. No more noise. None. I had thought the problem may have been amplified by the aluminum diff bushings, coilovers, ect, but it wasn't. It was only the gear. Run away from Motive, unless your helmet has earplugs installed. Seriously, they're that loud.

I can't wait to try the KB IRS out next weekend at Nashville Superspeedway.

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
I heard Postban complaining about aftermarket gears also... His conclusion was the same, use only FMS/FRPP gears for a 8.8. I think that is why Ford gears sell for such a premium as compared to other gears. :pepper: :banana:

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Well, I knew up front there'd be a little noise, but this went way beyond that. The phrase "You get what you pay for" applies here, most definitely.

Andy M

Established Member
I'm going to be installing some 4.10's some time this winter. I am getting really tired of Joe pulling away from me coming out of the turns!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread