Mothers Back to Black: Review

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Wow. I tried this stuff on my car. Tried to get some of the dried wax off, and couldn't get it to work worth a damn.

What's your method??

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
sorry to burst your bubble, but its just a cover up, I've used it along with other products, within a few weeks it will revert back to its old looks. THE ONLY thing I've found so far to actually do the job and not just cover it up is GR-40, but its hella expensive! Then I use 303 Aerospace to seal it.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
i guess buffing helped along with a few coats
ive used it and it turns back to the oxidized look in a few hours

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Nice results. I bought a bottle of Back-to-black last summer and tried it out. My results were similar to yours, except I just used one coat. The stuff just plain worked for me. It easily lasted 2+ months for me in the summer before beginning fading away.

... What sucks is I let a friend use it and JUST got it back yesterday. Lol. I've been dying to use it again, as I was disappointed with Poorboy's Trim Restorer.

I'm looking forward to using it again on my car on my next upcoming detail.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
yep, I do not see a cover-up working too good in the long run.

Here is what I did with a mild scratch remover polish
(there is ZERO dressing btw)

Before
234610.jpg

After some scratch remover polish work
234611.jpg

Before
234612.jpg

After the scratch remover polish
234613.jpg

Better view of the cowl piece
234614.jpg

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
you cant beat it for the price, hell I still use it. I'd expect yours to last a while because of how many coats you used. Mine would start to wash off when it would rain.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
mixxer is probably onto something.

I use Turtlewax Ice polish on my trim and it works hella good for me. I used it once on a customers oxidized trim and it worked great initially, not sure if it holds up on oxidized trim. It seems to hold up on my trim for 2 months or so at a time but my trim isnt oxidized...

spike_africa

Established Member
Its good stuff for sure but needs to be reapplied after every wash or two. I use it on my car because its cheap and about every 2-3 washes I to the trim and rubber seals on the doors with it.

NobleMustang68

IT Halp Desk Support
Established Member
I've used it. It only 'works well' with cars that are stored inside and don't see sun alot. However, it does 'help' moisturize the black plastic and add some shiny slickness to it. The UV protection offered does not last long.

Users who are viewing this thread