Mother****ing doc fees

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
You'd think so, but that's what the powers that be want. Heres why:

Without dealers buying cars en-masse to have numerous versions sitting for numerous people to buy, manufacturers wont produce in large quantities. They'll wait for x amount of orders before doing a run. This will drive the cost per car up. Soon the direct to consumer model will make cars unobtainable to most middle class, putting people back in public transit like the powers that be want, effectively decimating the middle class that gained its independence due to the prevalence of affordable personal transportation.
Haha, sure whatever you say. Meanwhile what’s the ADM on a Z06 or Escalade V right now?

OX1

Established Member
The dealership model needs to die

Problem with that is you will always pay "sticker" after that. I'll take the $3800 (1% below "invoice") I just got off a SD and have to pay $499 doc, vs paying sticker, all day long.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They also pull that "we have to charge it to everyone if we charge it to anyone" BS.

It's not bullshit. Try to charge it to a 75 year old African American woman, and not a 35 year old Caucasian male. Hello lawsuit.

That's because that's what CC company charges them. I agree though, maybe on a high dollar purchase, but not lunch out with the wife.

I pay between $35-40k a month in fees. We collect 2.5% which amounts to about $22-25k. So it still costs me $150-180k a year.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Problem with that is you will always pay "sticker" after that. I'll take the $3800 (1% below "invoice") I just got off a SD and have to pay $499 doc, vs paying sticker, all day long.

I don’t have a problem with paying sticker. It won’t waste any of my time. I had to go to a dealership four hours away to find an honest place that emailed everything up front and didn’t add bs. I also walked away from a motorcycle dealership when they tried to add $1800 of bs fees. It’s tiring trying to navigate all of the bs.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Question...

Did you pay 1% under invoice on the dollar amount you ordered it at, or the price it came in at?

TaraFirma

Established Member
The BS I was talking about was the lie they tell when they say it’s required by law. Not that they charge it.
I’m personally OK with a “reasonable” doc fee. TX says $150 is reasonable, and I agree.
I don’t negotiate fees though. I negotiate an OTD price. If a dealer wants to put $5 on sale price and $40k on doc fees, I don’t care. As long as that bottom box is the number I said I’d pay, I’m good.
On a side note, if I do ever buy another new Ford product, I look forward with dealing with your dealership. I’ve read nothing but good things.
It's not bullshit. Try to charge it to a 75 year old African American woman, and not a 35 year old Caucasian male. Hello lawsuit.

I pay between $35-40k a month in fees. We collect 2.5% which amounts to about $22-25k. So it still costs me $150-180k a year.

OX1

Established Member
Question...

Did you pay 1% under invoice on the dollar amount you ordered it at, or the price it came in at?

It came in so quick, no difference. Low option XLT SD's were what Ford wanted to build the past few months. The only "limited build" option I got was HO diesel.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The BS I was talking about was the lie they tell when they say it’s required by law. Not that they charge it.
I’m personally OK with a “reasonable” doc fee. TX says $150 is reasonable, and I agree.
I don’t negotiate fees though. I negotiate an OTD price. If a dealer wants to put $5 on sale price and $40k on doc fees, I don’t care. As long as that bottom box is the number I said I’d pay, I’m good.
On a side note, if I do ever buy another new Ford product, I look forward with dealing with your dealership. I’ve read nothing but good things.

Oh got it! Yes, definitely not required by law.

OX1

Established Member
I don’t have a problem with paying sticker. It won’t waste any of my time. I had to go to a dealership four hours away to find an honest place that emailed everything up front and didn’t add bs. I also walked away from a motorcycle dealership when they tried to add $1800 of bs fees. It’s tiring trying to navigate all of the bs.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

There was no proof that any of the dealers that wanted to sell me MSRP, were not going to jerk me around either. None of them even sent me a DORA in reply to my E-mail (most wanted me to come down or at least yap it up with them on the phone first). NO THANKS!! One did, so that is where I ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread