Motel MOD's

E.Marquez

Established Member
Ever wounder what went on in that motel room before you stayed in it? :dw:

ccbc8ad2.jpg

590d672e.jpg

Why, if it's was I that occupied the room prior, it may very well have been Motel MOD's :banana:

Stuck in El Paso for another week...wanted to add some color in addition to plumbed Bob's Auto Sport oil separator I added last week.
d1f1fe86.jpg

and thought to me self.. Self.. you have days here with nothing to do but school in the day, drink beer at night you should work on the car..

So a trip to a WalMart, and Auto Zone and scored the 320 to 1500 grit sand paper, can of Ford Blue paint and some clear coat.

Clean the cover up in the bathroom with some Simple Green and a white rag that was conveniently placed there for me :rolling:

And it's time to start sanding.
More to follow.

acobra03

Established Member
Or in there hiring prostitutes while protecting the President....
That is some f@cked up sh@t that the secret service is caught up in that mess...so much for training!!!!

Anyway, your story reminds me of a friend of mine that fixed a 4barrel carb by re-appropriating a bed spring from a road side hotel to be used a throttle return spring to win his class back in the 70's! The 351 Sport Roof went like hell but ran into the sand trap for the win!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I didnt see the bottle of lubriderm. Whats really going on in there?

E.Marquez

Established Member
Phase I done, major paint striped
6be38ec2.jpg

Have to put it back on this morning, so i can drive the car.
Phase II tonight is to strip the other one.

E.Marquez

Established Member
1000grit done
15e0c0e0.jpg

2c7e4da7.jpg

Need to go get more sand paper for the rough removal on the 2nd cover, and the finial finish on the part I will leave polished AL surrounded by paint. Plus reducer to de-grease before spraying it for the first coat.. Soon as class is over it's off to the paint store.

Should have one side done by this evening.

Last edited:

E.Marquez

Established Member

Thank you...

My enthusiastic start for this has cooled a bit, because mid job a fellow poster here showed this powder coat work.
dsc08329f.jpg

And now Im hooked.

Once I'm home I'll build a new strut tower brace, and as soon as that is done the brace and coil covers are going off to be powder coated in like fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread