Most awesome color!

mineral03

Established Member
I dont know if any of you here have seen the Lizstick Red color that Saleen uses, but, that has to be the most amazing colors ive seen yet on a stang! We had a get together here in the bay area ( ca), and one of the members showed up in his new 03 cobra Saleen conversion, and i think everyone there agreed it was just the baddest looking color!! heres a link to the main page with all the pics... illl try to find some specific pics and post them, but here you go for now...
http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/page_01.htm

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
From those images it looks quite like my RedFire Vert. Even in the sun, does the camera lie, or can some one verify these are very close in color?

OverToad

Established Member
I'm a Redfire owner.
I've seen a Lizstick up close and personal.
For a factory color, Redfire is about as awesome as I've seen.
But it is not Lizstick:nono:

Here's how they compare:
Us Redfire owners know the color changes depending on how the sun hits it, and at night when street lights hit it.
The Lizstick is closer to fuscia (sp?) that REALLY changes color.
It's a color that doesn't photograph 1/2 as well as it shows.
In photos, it looks like a cross between berrylium and red, but depending on the light, it can be many more in far more places at the same time. Redfire x5

When Saleen gets it right, it's simply awesome.

When Saleen gets it right.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
Kev....
Somehow, I thought you'd see it my way :p
(now you owe me one)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps: It's Ove"R"Toad, not Ovetoad :nono:
(now you owe me TWO) ;-)

They had a Lizstick down in San Antonio when I was deciding between a new Saleen and a Cobra, so I took a date down there for a night on the RiverWalk and checked out the car.
They wanted $60k for the speedster :dw:
Which was unfortunate since I could see double-sided tape sticking out of the rollbar brake light :rollseyes
Which probably wasn't that bad, considering you could still see the original paint on the chasis around the rear plate and on the fender wells. Er......I'm digressing......
In the spots where the car WAS painted correctly, it's easy to see that there is no paint right now on the market that's as sharp as Lizstick.

Fellow Redfire owners, trust me on this. If you saw the color IN PERSON, you'd give your left one to have it ;-)

OverToad

Established Member
Almost forgot :bash: (Well, ok, I did forget :loser: )
I'm relocating out to Vegas in April or May of '03, and plan on taking alot of trips to see Cali (And play Golf).
Kev, I want to see that SalLizstiCobra in person when I'm out there, so have her clean when the time comes ;-)

s281cobra

Established Member
[Overtoad......

opps, sorry....damn.......I couldn't type last night.........G

Was that lizstick car in San Antonio a normal S281 or a s281e?, there's another in Socal a speedster not a E, but I don't know what they want for it.......hmm, three lizstick's built this year, I wonder what brought that on.

anyhow let me know when you're in town, I'll be happy to show you the car, and if you're up this way in June, one of the clubs I'm part of is going to have a big show.

Kevin

OverToad

Established Member
Not an E.
I'd personally love to see an E, but can't seem to locate one close enough to Austin to go take a look.
I don't think I'm too far off base to say Saleen likes $$$$$, so it's possible that someone ordered it and either didn't accept deliver, or backed out of the deal. Quite possibly, they didn't have the same patience you've shown ;-)

Now if it was only a Cobra, I might be in some serious debt :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread