Most American Made Cars

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Here's the top ten 'most' american made cars according to cars.com. Their rating is based on sales, where the car's parts are made, and whether the car is assembled in the U.S. Models that have been discontinued are disqualified, as are those with a domestic-parts content rating below 75 percent.

Here's the top ten:

1. Ford F-150
2. Chevrolet Cobalt
3. Chevrolet Silverado 1500
4. Toyota Tundra
5. Pontiac G6
6. Toyota Sienna
7. Ford Escape
8. Chevrolet TrailBlazer
9. Chevrolet Malibu
10. Ford Explorer/Sport Trac

Notice who's missing? No Mustang or Corvette in the top ten. The article quotes "The Michigan-built Mustang has a disappointing 65 percent domestic-parts content rating..." The article makes no mention of the Corvette.

Here is the link to the article:

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...xNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNhbWVyaWNhbi1tYWlu

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I support American Automobile corporations to support American corporations, not Japanese corporations in Tokyo, even tho both companies have shareholders, manufacturing plants,workers and dealers all over the world.

I, my family and alot of other folks in my neck of the woods make our living furnishing the domestic car companies with goods and services too, so that also feeds into my support for the domestic car companies, call it a pro-America bias.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
well i think my focus should be on that list, i see billions of them wherever i drive, but im sure most of the parts come from japan tho... If only other countries had the same manufacturing/ employee rights/ restrictions and laws etc. so that we didnt have to out source all our stuff to stay competitive

Search

Established Member
Here's the top ten 'most' american made cars according to cars.com. Their rating is based on sales, where the car's parts are made, and whether the car is assembled in the U.S. Models that have been discontinued are disqualified, as are those with a domestic-parts content rating below 75 percent.

4. Toyota Tundra
6. Toyota Sienna
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...xNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNhbWVyaWNhbi1tYWlu

Ok explain something to me. When that said American made cars.. is Toyota included because they have American factories, even though it's Japanese company.

Users who are viewing this thread