Moroso Oil Pan Questions

Epic Jay

Established Member
Good day folks. I have searched a few times for this and since oil and pan happen to be 3 letter words I'm not getting very far here. Anyway, does anyone have any helpful hints or tips as to getting this sort of pan off and on. A how to would be nice but google hasn't been kind to me in that manner either. I bought the car with it installed and do not know what it takes to remove it. Does the transmission need to come off? Its a pretty small gap between the two after all. I don't know of any other tricks so I planned on trying to find a cherry picker to support the engine while I drop the K member. If anyone has another method please educate me on this. If your searching skills are better than mine that will work as well. I just need something to start with. Anything. I swear that brick wasn't in the road 5 seconds ago. HELP!!!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm using that sme tool right now to support my engine. I have dropped the Kmember which gives you access to the oil pan.

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

Epic Jay

Established Member
Well this is great. I didn't know this sort of support existed. I have dropped the k member before but of course I had wood and a jack to support the engine from the oil pan. Since that isn't going to fly this time this is perfect. I knew you guys would have something. Now I just have to find out if this Moroso pan is too close to the transmission to get to the bolts. Wish me luck. And thanks again you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread