More vette talk.

2814v

Established Member
I have never been a vette fan, not that I dont respect thier performance or looks. Just always been more into muscle cars and mustangs, not sports cars. Any way lately I have found myself looking at ZR1's (dont worry not about to sell the 03)But I find myself wondering how would a 93-95 ZR1 do against a 03-04 Z06, you would think that a almost ten year newer car would performe substantially better,but is that really the case. Hope some of our vette members can chime in.

A ZR-1 will lose to a Z06 as long as both drivers are competent. A stock ZR-1 will typically run high 12's while a stock Z06 should run mid to low 12's.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah the Z06's will pull but the ZR1's are bad machines. I would love to have one. They are your best buy in the Vette market as far as something that is going to hold there value. Way better than the Z06's.

Shawn MacAnanny

Pillage BEFORE you burn!!
Established Member
A Stock Z06 is insane on the highway. A Z06 will always be faster than a ZR1. ZR1s have like 405hp, but weigh 3400lbs. Z06s have 405hp but weigh 3100lbs. They also have much better suspension, breaks, and gearing in the transmission. ZR1s are awesome i think, but i would still take a Z06 over them any day. I also dont like the C4 styling so that's another thing.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
No matter what, I cant stand any car that will chip if you dont open the hood and the driver's door before you jack the car up. (from previous experience with a 92 c4) :bored:

2814v

Established Member
Jeez, not looking to buy one. Just trying to get some info on a car I know very little about. I did'nt know the C4 were that much heavier then the C5. Must be nice to get more power and less wieght. We get more power, but more wieght to go with it.

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Better be glad you're not lookin to buy one lol. Go price mods for a ZR-1, they aint cheap. On top of that you have to have a special tech work on them, which not every dealer has.

The ZR-1 specs are amazing. As ar the Z06s. More importantly it'll be a drivers race between the two, but on paper the Z06 beats the ZR-1. C4s are all 3400lbs, while FRC/Z06 vettes are 300lbs lighter (vert/coupe C5s are about 150ish lighter than C4s). ZR-1s are still nice cars, but Z06s own them in damn near every category.

Users who are viewing this thread