MORE TROUBLING NEWS: GT500s and MUSTANG GTs

03reptile

Established Member
Well,..... more crappy news. I'm going to provide this information for the benefit of those of us with ordered 2011 GT500s as any information is better than nothing. I called Ford Customer Service just a few minutes ago and was told that my Shelby is to be transported by United Road Service and loaded today with an ETA of 05/28/2010 at my dealer. Was told last Monday, by the dealer, that it would arrive today. OK..... another week, what's new, right? Decided to call the trucking company to verify this info, and after going through several layers of administration, I spoke to a rep. who had my VIN and destination, so I know I'm in the right ball-park. Here's the kicker. She advised the car is still at AAI and there was a hold put on all V-8 Mustangs and GT500s as of 05/17/2010!! Of course she does not know why, but definitively said my car is part of that group and will not be loaded on a truck until the hold is lifted by AAI. I do not mean to stir everyone up again, but this is bordering on the insane. Released, then held, released..... Misinformation is flying around Ford like a flock of magpies!! Everyone you call gives a different answer. I'm at the point where if God gave me an ETA I'd say, "Are you sure ?" I apologize for being the bearer of this news, and maybe the URS rep. is wrong, but giving me the 5/17/2010 hold date scares me. Bottom line? Who knows. We're all in the holding pattern and as so many of you have said, "It'll get here when it gets here!"

bscarberry

Established Member
I could basically hit a golf ball to the Auto Alliance plant from my house... I could go try to take some pics of your car sitting in the lot if that would make you feel better:-D

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The holds my be annoying, but they are there to ensure a quality product at arrival. The constant calling is going to drive you bonkers. Just tell yourself that it will be here in July, so if it shows early you will be happy... :) Hang in there.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Don't really show how the news is troubling. These threads seem to happen at every yearly transition. If you wanted a car now, there are plenty of others sitting on dealer's lots. :poke: As for "they told me it would be delivered by X date" Wellll there a lot of hands in the cookie jar, and they all are getting different stories. The only honest answer is, it will get there when it gets there.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
same thing happened when the first 07's were waiting delivery..... it is par for the course!

get it, another golf joke:poke:

BigDan

Established Member
My dealer called me yesterday to tell me that it just left AA and is on a train in transit in Indiana and should arrive by the end of the month. Hopefully it comes after payday.

03reptile

Established Member
I could basically hit a golf ball to the Auto Alliance plant from my house... I could go try to take some pics of your car sitting in the lot if that would make you feel better:-D

Thanks! I'm up for that! Performance white with grabber blue LeMans stripe. No SVTPP. If you could sneak in, could you clean off the 4"s of rail dust? Got to keep my sense of humor!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What is so troubling? You have a new GT500 on the way.

Maybe you should simply count your blessings. Plenty of people around with REAL problems. :read:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have learned over the years not to believe any dates the dealer gives you, just remember you have one coming, that is awesome enough.....

AlanSVT

Established Member
Now I iknow this is hear say ......BUT my best friend that has no reason to lie and has told me the truth a many times before about fords.

His mother works for ford and builds the mustang gt.

He has told me that they have a problem with some kinda module that has been over heating and has the potential to cause a fire.....

I will try to get a update from him. But like I said this is all hear say.

Hope this helps a tad...

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
You can pretty much expect the same delays with ANY and ALL new car orders of high demand vehicles. It's not just Ford. The issue becomse compounded even more when the cars have new platforms or new design features that are considdered "first run" or first model year. It's kind of to be expected and while I agree it sucks to think that you spend over $50k on a car and are given an expected delivery date only to find your nowhere near that date, but its par for the course and really can't be avoided in most cases.
I really believe that it's better and a more "responsable" action on Fords part to ensure that the vehicles hit the street with all known or suspected issues addressed, rather than allowing you to take delivery only to force you to return the vehicle a few weeks later to repair something that could have been repaired on the assembly line or shortly there after. While its much easier to sleep at night when your not waiting for something like a kid at christmans, I'd have a harder time sleeping knowing that my new $50k car is sitting a dealership on the rack of some mechanic that I have no confidence in his ability or attention to detail. At least in this situation, you can deny delivery if something is still wrong when you pick it up. In the other case, if the mechanic at the dealership greases up your seat or scratches your car (or causes any other kind of damage that the most fenatic of owners would otherwise disregard), your kind of stuck fighting with the dealer to get it taken care of rather than just walking away from the car altogether.
Try to be patient and think of it as Fords way of making sure you get the best possible quality and performance for your money.

monX

Established Member
The holds my be annoying, but they are there to ensure a quality product at arrival. The constant calling is going to drive you bonkers. Just tell yourself that it will be here in July, so if it shows early you will be happy... :) Hang in there.

+1

You will be driving it before you know it :D

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Whats really funny is there are plenty of 2011 GT500's already on lots and floating around ebay. Cars like this with so few options available, IMHO it makes more sense just trying to find what you want already on lots and throguh the internet, you more than likely could find exactly what you want and have it before you would have it if you special ordered it.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's completely normal to see cars on hold like this and not be delivered on their estimated delivery date. We just went through this with our 2011 5.0L. The car was supposed to be delivered May 5th. Well it's May 22nd and we still don't have a car. It's been shipped though and will be here June 2nd. Be thankful that they actually take the time to double check everything before they ship em.

Jared

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
So what? This happens all the time, I cant understand for the life of me why this is so troubling to you.

03reptile

Established Member
So what? This happens all the time, I cant understand for the life of me why this is so troubling to you.

Did you not read my post? I have no problem with delays, they are inevitable. My problem is the lack of basic info from Ford and the abundance of mis-information we are receiving. Just tell me my car is delayed and will be here on or about such and such a date. I'm fine with that. Don't, however, tell me for five weeks running that its being shipped each week and then renege. There-in lies the rub. I believe most of us feel the same way.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
When put that way, I can clearly understand your frustration. No one wants to sign papers that bind you to pay for a $60k vehicle only to be treated like a buy here pay here used car buyer.
If your not happy with the way your dealer is treating you, I'd deffinately make Ford and the dealer management aware of it.

Users who are viewing this thread