more torque than hp

Kenneth

Established Member
Recently went to a dyno day . Car ended up putting down 684/711
Mods are listed in sig.

What would make it put so much more torque than hp.
Just curious.

fullboogie

Established Member
That looks awfully optimistic for your mods. Not being a dick, but that does not look right.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Numbers seem pretty high for your combo, especially the torque without a lower pulley, depending on how aggressive the tune is.

Kenneth

Established Member
It is the gen 2 tvs. Seeing 17psi. Boost. Vmp email tune with data log revision.. was actually expecting hp to be in the 730 range.. torque about where it's at.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
OP you trq is a little on the hide side, but that is about what my car made when I had Justin's tune it. I have about the same mods, sans the Boost-A-Pump.

nxhappy

Established Member
It is the gen 2 tvs. Seeing 17psi. Boost. Vmp email tune with data log revision.. was actually expecting hp to be in the 730 range.. torque about where it's at.

730 with just a 2.4 ? Not going to happen lol.

Your numbers are good for what you have.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Those are some high numbers, I would take them and run. My car with essentially the same mods, except longtubes and a trinity tvs instead of gen2 put down 666/642. What does you car trap?

Kenneth

Established Member
Those are some high numbers, I would take them and run. My car with essentially the same mods, except longtubes and a trinity tvs instead of gen2 put down 666/642. What does you car trap?

Not official track times, but using my Aeroforce gauges it traps in the 135-136 range.
When I added longtubes with no other changes I picked up 32 hp and 30 torque.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Not official track times, but using my Aeroforce gauges it traps in the 135-136 range.
When I added longtubes with no other changes I picked up 32 hp and 30 torque.

Nice, long tubes are on the list. I'm curious what your car runs on a track with actual timing equipment. Those Gen2's make some serious steam.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Yup. I know my tune is conservative per my request but there certainly isn't a 100 rear wheel torque difference with a Gen 2 TVS, VMP or not.

red gt500

Established Member
if its a gen 2 tvs thats normal
a buddy of mine installed the gen2 tvs with 2.8 pulley upper 10% and all the suporting mods he did 698 rwhp and 702 tq
with the 2.4+10% and monoblade tb 21- 22 psi with c16 fuel he did 770rwhp and 760 rwtq and i have the video and dyno sheet to prove it :)
all dynojet numbers sae
those gen 2 tvs are surprisingly amazing !!

Last edited:

Kenneth

Established Member
Dyno sheet.
dynoday.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread