More Saturday Night Action.....

98gt281

Established Member
Well, tonight out at the races the damn cops came at 12:30, about an hour after we got there, sucked. But everybody ran over to the gas station and hung out for a while. As im talking to some freinds a guy comes up and ask who's black SS is that. I tell him it's mine and he ask what I got and I told him cam and headers. I asked him what he got and he didnt wanna say, but I agreed anyway. He was in a 03 aniv. edition vert, black on black with the red inserts, pretty sweet car.

We rolled out onto the feeder and lined up at about 35, both in 2nd gear, he honked 3 times and we took off, he pulled me at 1st because I was way outta my powerange. But as I got going I evened out and stayed about a car back untill 130 where we shut down. I told him to get on the beltway and we lined up at 45 this time, stayed even untill he shifted to 4th and I pulled up about a half car and stayed there untill 130 where I shut down. After that he wanted to go one more time so we did a 55 roll , my car was at like 5.5krpm and ready to run HARD, on 3 honks I yanked his ass by about 2 cars instantly, I powershifted 3rd at 6800rpm and just kept walking, by 145 (yes I raced in 5th) I had 3 cars on him and shut down.

After the race we pulled into a neiborhood, the 1st thing he said to me was "I thought you only had a cam", I smiled and told him thats all I got. I asked what he had and here is the breakdown. 03 vert, ported blower, 2.8 upper, accufab TB/Plenum, Mac H-Pipe, magnaflow cb, cai. Car was tuned by murrillo in SA. They were from SA and in town for FFW. They said they usually blow modded LS1's away, they were impressed with the SS. For all you Houston guys, the car will be in the FFW show cars section if u wanna check it out, nice car. Was a black vert with the red seats.

98gt281

Established Member
I couldnt tell, my car is loud as hell and I was paying attention to the road, on the run where I was behind him I could tell he was shifting pretty good. I will tell you one thing, that blower was screaming on the run where I won by a car.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good runs.

What does your car weigh? He should have been around 480 - 500 HP and near as much TQ with the mods you listed " ported blower, 2.8 upper, accufab TB/Plenum, Mac H-Pipe, magnaflow cb, cai. Car was tuned".

PFCVO

Oscar Mike
Established Member
Sounds about right. I raced a 99 Camaro SS M6 with MS3 cam, long tubes, K&N filter, lid, spec 3 clutch, 3.89 rear gear, 9inch rear. My 03 Cobra vert only had a K&N FIPK and Magnaflow exhaust. He got about 3-4 car lengths on me at 140mph. Here's a little video of that race.

http://media.putfile.com/SVT-vs-SS_0001

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread