More power

Boss_302

Established Member
well i guys if idont get my cobra sold im going to be looking for more power. whats your thoughts on adding a 50-100 shot on top of my kb 2.2 old style. its pushing 18.5lbs of boost right now.

Engine mods
Arp headbolts
arp main cap bolts
arp rod bolts
stock rods
stock crank
Melling oil pump
diamond pistons bored 20 over
55lb injectors
2400 MAF
K&N CAI
Stock heads with head cooling mod
Fuel.
Stock pumps with boost a pump on it
Tranny 26 spling input shaft with spec clutch

car made 550 on 91 OCT 575 on 93 oct and 600 on 110 oct
what kind of numbers will i see and how safe am i and what would i need to upgrade? and would anyone like to say what my motor should be able to hold for HP?

Boss_302

Established Member
our oil pumps are really that bad?? What's your source??

this forum and some other engine builders. i dont know if there that bad i just looked at it this way im spending this amount of money i dont want that to be my weak link and i also wanted a high flow pump for if i ever took the power way up there.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Your motor should handle 1000hp easy with a good tune. You might want to look into fuel upgrades also.
Just all depends on how much money you want to spend.

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
You would only need a small (25) shot of nitrous to increase your HP and torque quite a bit. Most of the extra power comes from the cooling effect. I have seen 75+ hp from a 25 shot. I have also seen over 100 ft-lbs of torque from the same shot at low revs, but if you are going to break your motor, thats where it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread