More new mustang info

BLK91GT

Established Member
SVTOA National website is saying 2006MY for next Cobra so I'm guessing they will show the new Cobra at one of the autoshows early in 2005

sn8kbite

Established Member
30 grand for a ****ing GT?
Oh goody i cant wait to see the price on the newest SVT POS
Ford has lost my business.

jean

Established Member
MUSTANG GT-R Tuesday 6th April

Ford unveil 500bhp racing concept

Ford are turning up the heat in the USA yet again, this time with a hot Mustang. The new racing concept is dubbed the "Mustang GT-R".

"The Mustang GT-R blends today’s breathtaking design, Ford Racing’s unmatched history and the most advanced racing technology into the ultimate Mustang ," blurted J Mays, Ford group vice president, design. "Mustang’s iconic image grew with every checkered flag so we think the Mustang GT-R is an appropriate tribute to the car’s 40th anniversary, and a hint at what’s to come ."

The bright Valencia Orange car – inspired by the famous Grabber Orange 1970 Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am race cars (the Yellow Mustangs) – is a technological showcase that, when peeled back, reveals a number of existing or production-feasible racing parts.

The Mustang GT-R features Ford Racing’s 440-horsepower "Cammer" crate engine that already is affordably available to grassroots racers, and can be tuned to produce more than 500 horsepower under certain race series rules. Last year, a tuned 505-horsepower version of the "Cammer" notched world-class performance and endurance credentials by powering a Focus Daytona Prototype to victory at the 24 Hours of Daytona race.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=8236

steelgrave

SVT's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Our local SVTOA chapter President just returned from their annual "Leadership training", and they were told not to expect the new cobra till 2007MY now:fm: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread